Which Leather Steering Wheels Fit?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Which Leather Steering Wheels Fit?

Post by Doc »

Volkswagen parts department will have them.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
ARSHAADJ
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (74bhp)

Post by ARSHAADJ »

Thanks @Doc ,will check with them.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

CaddyNoob
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by CaddyNoob »

Yep, I'm sure it could be made to work. My original goal was to identify which steering wheels will work with the original Caddy airbag of this era. I just wanted to correct the record so anyone planning on doing the same thing will know it's not a straight plug and play job with a Polo wheel.
ARSHAADJ
Caddy Fan

Post by ARSHAADJ »

Howsit gents

So the Caddy in question is a 2007 pre facelift - Red midline cluster.

My question is - Has anyone successfully fitted a Golf 6 Gti mfsw to a pre facelift of this spec?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Yep, Mk6 and even mk7 and mk8 MFSW are possible on your caddy.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
ARSHAADJ
Caddy Fan

Post by ARSHAADJ »

Thanks Doc

Just so I have this straight. I will need the following :

Steering wheel

Airbag

The wiring harness that plugs from the slip ring to the air bag and steering controls in the steering

The slip ring (any chance of my current one working?)

The Swcm (unless mine is a CH or CK model?)

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Yep, you've got it down to pretty much all you need.
Your existing slipring will work if it is a type compatible with the CH/CK SWCM.

ARSHAADJ
Caddy Fan

Post by ARSHAADJ »

Thank you so much Doc

Much appreciated Sir

scirocco1600
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CNG (107bhp)

Post by scirocco1600 »

i have a touran steering Mf leather steering wheel on my 2015 Caddy
Cov-Caddy
Caddy Fan

Post by Cov-Caddy »

Minefield this topic I have a 2012 Caddy thinking the Mk5 golf GTI will go in easiest ?

Helppppp 🤣
ARSHAADJ
Caddy Fan

Post by ARSHAADJ »

Doc wrote:Yep, you've got it down to pretty much all you need.
Your existing slipring will work if it is a type compatible with the CH/CK SWCM.
Hey Doc

So I have an issue. I purchased the mfsw. I fitted it with all the correct wiring....and nothing worked as we knew already. I imported a "CH" module.
Got it yesterday. Fitted it and my steering wheel buttons light up and work the multifunction display..(haven't fitted the radio yet to see if the radio buttons work)
My issue is that the orange steering wheel light is on. And the steering is hard. I've tried doing the 10sec limit learning and nothing.
In measuring blocks the steering angle sensor G85 shows 0 no matter what position the steering is in.
My slip ring number is 1K0 959 653 C

HelpImage

Last edited by Giddy on Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: combined two replies in one post
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Have you been through the full calibration procedure from the ross-tech website?
If not, I would suggest you try that as I've never seen it fail.
The turning lock to lock, holding for ten seconds is only one part of the process.

ARSHAADJ
Caddy Fan

Post by ARSHAADJ »

We did do the complete procedure.

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

It's very strange that it hasn't worked, I've done it multiple times.
Does your van have the steering angle sensor in the column?

ARSHAADJ
Caddy Fan

Post by ARSHAADJ »

OK so underlined in the attached picture is my slip ring which shows that it is a type 2.

In the second picture the first underlined is my stock setup which shows my old BC module has a type 2 slip ring and indicates that it has a built in steering angle sensor to my understanding.

Hence I thought that this slip ring would be compatible with the new CH module as the CH module lists as pairing with a type 2 slip ring ....which it looked like as the horn works and the buttons light up and work.

But the steering angle sensor shows 0 in measuring blocks and in adaptation block 060 it shows an error.... I've tried everything outlined on the Ross tech website (like 29 times) to no avail.

I'm very confused. Is there something that I'm missing? Has anyone had this nightmare before? ImageImage