What head units are everyone going with.

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Yetiman25
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Re: What head units are everyone going with.

Post by Yetiman25 »

had a DNX518VDABS fitted last week. mate got trade price on unit. very nice looks quite original as its custom fit one. not used much yet and cant wait to do speakers then unit will come into its own. can already tell quality is awesome
McCaddyGascar
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by McCaddyGascar »

@Scoobysrt - how are you getting on with no dial for the volume? Can you turn the volume up or skip tracks using two fingers? I saw this on a review, but I can't remember the model...

Cheers!
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

I haven't been out in it too much and tend to have it full volume or off lol however its not as easy as reaching for a knob but after a few trips your hand automatically goes to the right place.

I do need to find the mute button though as sometimes you just need it instantly down and until now I've simply been turning it off which then means another 1m wait for it to boot up again.

If you have steering controls I presume it won't be such an issue.
I have a remote from an older keyword screen I've got that I plan to test and if it works I'll set that into my non button steering wheel.

I do think it needs a spacer to bring it forward flush to the console though.

All in all I'm quite happy with it, the big disapointment is Android auto doesn't allow you to play video through it due to safety reasons and the other niggle is a warning that comes on screen everytime you turn it on saying something about not driving while looking at a screen, i haven't checked if it can be disabled. I really need to sit and read the instructions as I just stuck it in and not done much else.
The plan is to sort it out a bit better once I get my amps and speakers installed.

The sat navigation is spot on though which is mainly what I was missing with the oem.

A little trick I used to do with the options button on the ps4 controller is put a dab of hot glue on the button to make it stand out, I might do that to the volume button on the kenwood if it becomes an issue.

I'm doing a airlift mod and making a rear spoiler atm so not put much time into it after fitting really.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
McCaddyGascar
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by McCaddyGascar »

Excellent. Thanks very much indeed. Really think buttons for me are the way forward :)