Insurance Provider

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Caddy_Addict
Caddy2k Groupie

Insurance Provider

Post by Caddy_Addict »

Morning all,

I've had a search on here (& google), but wondered if there was a selection of good insurance companies to look at. I used the big (insurance) search engines but due to the modifications they need more info. Trouble is I don't have any more info until I buy a van, and if I've bought it I don't know if the insurance is going to be astronomical.

I have LV for my current car & looked at getting it mapped, and surprisingly there was little difference in the premium.

Any pointers appreciated.

Matt
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Insurance Provider

Post by Doc »

Insurance brokers Brentacre are very good for van insurance and they'll even give you a discount for being part of an owner's club community.
There's no charge for modifications that are not power related on the policy I've got with them. Even tripling the power output on my caddy with and engine conversion only cost me something like £90 extra.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Giddy
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by Giddy »

Caddy 4, Highline, 1.4 TSI
Instagram: @giddywagen
Build thread >>> here <<<
Caddy_Addict
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Caddy_Addict »

@Doc Thanks
Last edited by Giddy on Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of previous post
Caddy_Addict
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Caddy_Addict »

@Giddy Thanks. Not sure why that didnt come up when I searched. Just got a load of posts about people having accidents
Last edited by Giddy on Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote
Southhamscaddy
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Southhamscaddy »

My only advice would be choose carefully, you only know how good your provider is when you need them. I was with LV for 20 plus years but 2 yrs ago my then vehicle, a Ford Ranger, was written off on a country lane, the person who hit me (ironically also in a Ford Ranger) apologised profusely saying that although she was pressing the brakes nothing happened. The vehicle owner (who was not the driver) later rang me to apologise and I was paid out within a week. End of story you might think but 4 months later LV contacted me to say that the other parties insurers would not admit liability so would I go 50/50 I said no I'll go to court, a week later I received a letter saying that they were not prepared to go to court, so now my insurance is hiked up.
The only bonus is that as a consequence I'm now a Caddy owner, every cloud......
Caddy_Addict
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Caddy_Addict »

@Southhamscaddy 👌🏼
Last edited by Giddy on Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post
shanky887614
Hyper Poster

Post by shanky887614 »

brentache, adrian flux, a plan etc.

ive declared everything on mine, at 350bhp and its cheaper than when i didnt bother declaring mods to other companies in the past

im with kgm motors through adrian flux

Sent from my ASUS_Z01KDA using Tapatalk

Pepsi
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Pepsi »

I recently just renewed with A Plan. Any mods that I've done. (Although not much) added and no extra charge for any non power related mods.

The have a very good customer and I couldn't fault them so far.

Would give them a call.
Jono1
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Jono1 »

I’ve just had a quote off brentacre . Pretty much halved the monthly payment I currently pay with admiral.
Stigofthedub
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Stigofthedub »

Brentacre and A1. I tend to flip between them each year depending on the that years price. Thats for my modified transporter. I added my caddy on with my golf through LV as that was the cheapest option for a non modified van.
Caddy_Addict
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Caddy_Addict »

Morning gents, sorry to drag this old post up but either that or start a new one. This way it might ping some notifications to people already in the chat.

So I have a quote from Brentacre which is pretty good, and another from Coversure for an MTI policy. Was about to pull the trigger on it the former before I pick up my van this week and got thinking (insert Snatch quote here)..

As I will be mobile valeting/detailing I have two dilemmas.

1st is that the van is a 1.6 (102hp). Am I going to feel the urge to up the power? Certainly carting a round a water tank & other gear. Brentacre would probably cover this but they don't have the cover for the issue below.

The 2nd is the cover needed. I will possibly need to be moving cars slightly so have been advised I need 'shunting' cover at the least. The MTI covers this and more, but could be overkill (and quite a bit more expensive), but they don't like modified vehicles.

Anyone in a similar line of work with a modded caddy? Or any pointers in general?

Thanks in advance 👍🏼