Caddy Startline Bluetooth

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
AnthonyB
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (83bhp)

Caddy Startline Bluetooth

Post by AnthonyB »

Hi everyone!

I've just acquired a 2019 VW Caddy Startline (with the Business Pack upgrade and a retro fitted Cruise Control) and am struggling with the Bluetooth for the phone link.

Using the stalk buttons I can get it to ask me to switch on my phone's Bluetooth on the dash display, but when I do and I search on my phone nothing comes up. The phone pairing message screens that are shown on one of the Youtube 'how to videos' don't come up either.

This is suggestive that Bluetooth is not fitted at all - or there is a fault!

My questions are:
- Despite all the literature suggesting Bluetooth connectivity should be included at this trim level on this model is it actually not included?
- If it is standard after all would it's non functioning be a warranty issue so I can get my local VW dealer to rectify it for free?
- If I do need to add it am I best getting VW to install it or can a competent auto electrician do it (as it's going in to one this week for lightbar fitting)

I'm not sure if this makes a difference but it's ex-fleet rather than straight retail
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Caddy Startline Bluetooth

Post by Doc »

I'd would guess if you're getting the pairing option on the MFD, your caddy is equipped with BT. You may well have a system that just has too many paired devices.
If you have someone with VCDS local to you, it shouldn't take very long to check it over and clear all paired devices if that is indeed your issue.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
AnthonyB
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by AnthonyB »

That's the odd point - it tells me to switch on Bluetooth but doesn't then move to any of the pairing screens, which makes me wonder if it's not available. The 'phone' button on the infotainment system just tells me the phone isn't available (which at first I thought was because none were paired but on reflection may be because it's missing!)
AnthonyB
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by AnthonyB »

Just to close the thread off it just needed a software update to get working, free job under warranty at the local VW Commercial dealer, all sorted!
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Cool, nice simple fix after all.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort