Purchasing caddy

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Tobyp12333
Caddy2k Groupie

Purchasing caddy

Post by Tobyp12333 »

Hello all,
I am looking to buy a caddy very soon but have noticed the prices have sky rocketed (maybe because of lockdown?) just wanted people’s opinions on wether I should wait a year for better prices or do people think these high prices will stay?

Thank you anything appreciated :D :D
J_Con
Hyper Poster

Re: Purchasing caddy

Post by J_Con »

Caddys tend to hold their price compared to say citreons etc but I know vans prices have risen due to loss of jobs so people are becoming couriers

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Ripley55
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Ripley55 »

It’s a strange one this @Tobyp12333
Prices on the Caddy have soared over the last 6 months or so, perhaps because of this forum ? 😂😂
Seriously though, I think a lot of it is just greed ? It’s not only Vans, I’ve been watching personal plates on DVLA for quite some time now, and you’d think that perhaps with COVID/Lockdown and jobs situation etc. that there’d be some bargains to have, but no, they’re going for silly money. Another example is that we lost our spaniel last year, she was 15, and my missus was devastated. But the price of a puppy 🐶 is absolutely outrageous £2k - £3k !! 🤬
Anyway, just keep looking, there’s sure to be something come up, and cash is always king, so maybe make a fair offer and see what occurs ?
Either way best of luck 👍
Chestnut Brown Caddy MK4 Maxi Life 2.0Tdi 150bhp , 18” Matt Bronze OZ Ultraleggera’s 8Jx18 ET45 on Bridgestone 225/40/18’s
Celticrsmith
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Celticrsmith »

Off topic from original post but we too have looked at spaniels and £3k for a non registered one is scandalous! Thankfully I’ve managed to provisionally secure one for £1200, registered etc etc from the same guy we got our 1st spaniel from 4 years ago. I thought the £700 we paid back then was lot.
Harvey11
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Harvey11 »

I wouldn’t be interested in a dog if that’s what they’re charging. You’re absolutely right as well, we bought my niece a working cocker and we had to Wade through endless mercenary wotsits that didn’t care about preserving the breed etc, pretty much the same as buying a Caddy at the moment..
Shaft No1
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Shaft No1 »

Tobyp12333 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:16 am Hello all,
I am looking to buy a caddy very soon but have noticed the prices have sky rocketed (maybe because of lockdown?) just wanted people’s opinions on wether I should wait a year for better prices or do people think these high prices will stay?

Thank you anything appreciated :D :D
And probably something to do the with that this could be the last of the best bunch as the new 2021 model doesn't look appealing on the outside to us modifying multi-tasking geeks ;)
I'm also in the same boat looking for one and even worse is that I want a tailgate version for a song, I know :shock: :shock:
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Purchasing caddy

Post by the swan fiend »

This thread led me to have look on autotrader and see what’s what with the prices of Caddy’s these days.
They do seem to have gone up quite a bit, but there’s still a few cheap ones knocking about. It depends on what you want or what mileage you’re prepared to settle for, and if you’re prepared to travel for one.
As others have said, Caddy’s do hold their value compared to other vans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
AnthonyB
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (83bhp)

Post by AnthonyB »

Lot's of searching & searching again and looking UK wide seems to be the best option, I knew I needed to start looking for a new van in advance of being desperate and it took a few months of regular checking to find something decent - but they don't hang around long, bargain price or No VAT vans only pop up now and again and shift quickly, I lost out twice due to indecision before eventually finding the Caddy I now have.

Some of the low mileage ex-lease stuff can be reasonably priced, that's what I ended up with.