Front splitter blown off twice !

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
deanopolini
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Front splitter blown off twice !

Post by deanopolini »

So havent got a front splitter of ebay i fixed it with all the bolts and more securely to my bumper then after say a month the whole middle section blew put leaving the edges on lol then now havent had another the exact same things happened they were 100 each is it the plastics crap i havent hit anything either
Alex mc
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: Front splitter blown off twice !

Post by Alex mc »

@ deanopolini

I have a KSB front splitter on my mk4 and not had any issues . It’s pretty flexible if I’m honest. I can’t get in or out my drive straight on or it scapes both ways and it flexes no issues . I recently went into a pot hole ( more like a creator ) i never seen it was a dark night and chucking it down .I first heard the bang then the crunch and feared the worst all it had done was broke a small half moon clean out of the lower lip ( I’m guessing the edge of the pot hole) and whole thing was still one piece . Highly recommend can’t mind what I paid for it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
deanopolini
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by deanopolini »

Il have alook mate cheers
Craig Cheatham
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Craig Cheatham »

@deanopolini in my experience I have found TRC splitters to be the best quality. A little more expensive, but you get what you pay for. As they say "Buy cheap, pay twice." I have a brand new one thats never been fitted if you want to pm me.
Now remapped to 145 BHP