Caddy’s rear lowered and front left as standard height??

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
t_Molloy
Caddy Fan

Caddy’s rear lowered and front left as standard height??

Post by t_Molloy »

Hi everyone very interested to see if any has lowered the rear and left the front as standard , thanks
Giddy
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Re: Caddy’s rear lowered and front left as standard height??

Post by Giddy »

Any reason behind it, why would you do that?
Do you want to drive it like that permanently or just short of time to do it all in one go?
Caddy 4, Highline, 1.4 TSI
Instagram: @giddywagen
Build thread >>> here <<<
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

The stance would look wrong and I'm not 100% sure but on paper it would affect breaking and cornering.
It would certainly look like your overloaded or driving with wrecked suspension and might get some interest from the local dibble.

I'm also interested in your reasoning. If its costs just wait and save up, you won't regret it.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
t_Molloy
Caddy Fan

Post by t_Molloy »

Sorry for only getting back now , my reason is I have bought some 45m Eibach springs and I have the rear as well but I just worrying if I lower than van to 45mm will I catch anything on the road speed bumps etc..
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Post by FishermansFriend »

You wont need to worry about speed bumps, I have same kit and have never hit any yet.
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

I'm lowered 110mm ish and only scrape the highest of speed humps.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
CADDY Lux
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by CADDY Lux »

I’ve just lowered mine using the dark side kit with H&R springs up front. It’s -60, ride is perfect, not Harsh. My one gripe is that the rear appears lower then the front. I spoke to Darkside about this and they’ve sent me some longer rear shackles with 2 additional holes to raise the back abit. I’ve got no load in the back of mine. With that kit, at -40 the back would be much lower then the front and would look silly. Tbh even at -60 it’s not as low as I’d like it to be. Still drives great though.
t_Molloy
Caddy Fan

Post by t_Molloy »

Perfect cheers everyone .. now I just have to find someone to sign off the TUV certificate for the CVRT