Yellow Caddy’s

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Ripley55
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Yellow Caddy’s

Post by Ripley55 »

Hi there
A mate of mine who looking to get into the Caddy scene has seen a couple of Caddy’s for sale that have taken his eye. He’s looking for a Maxi project, and I had steered him towards the Ex BG route
He’s seen a couple he likes in Yellow Image I honestly hadn’t seen these, but do you know what, I think it looks really good Image
The colour apparently in 9105 Schwefelgelb? I guess as the advert said some Council somewhere must have used them. ? Vinyl seats as well ? anyone know anything more about these ?
Last edited by Ripley55 on Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chestnut Brown Caddy MK4 Maxi Life 2.0Tdi 150bhp , 18” Matt Bronze OZ Ultraleggera’s 8Jx18 ET45 on Bridgestone 225/40/18’s
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Re: Yellow Caddy’s

Post by Scoobysrt »

One of my mates had a yellow one, I didn't like it tbh but I'm not a fan of yellow cars in general.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
Barbel330
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Barbel330 »

Scoobysrt wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:26 am One of my mates had a yellow one, I didn't like it tbh but I'm not a fan of yellow cars in general.
Oh, you don’t like yellow cars? Invaluable input as always :roll:

Has the van been repainted that colour or is it a factory option? Reason I ask is that many years ago when I worked in a bodyshop we had a fleet of vans from a local council which where white, but we had to repaint them a certain non factory orange colour for them. Best way to check if it’s factory is to look under the bonnet as it’s unlikely the engine bay would have been painted if it was done afterwards. Has potential to look really nice in that colour IMO.
Instagram: @y_5cuf
Ripley55
Hyper Poster

Post by Ripley55 »

@Barbel330
Since I saw it, I’ve had a scout online and found a couple,the photos seem to show that they were factory that colour 👍 I could definitely see that all colour coded, lowered with some nice wheels, in fact I have just had a look on Pinterest and found a couple that look Bob on. As I said, my mate has just done a Sprinter up, but wanted a Caddy, he’s another into MTB/Micro Campers, and I’d told him about the Baby Blues being perfect for that. I actually hope he gets one of these ‘Custard Yellows’ 😂😂😂
Chestnut Brown Caddy MK4 Maxi Life 2.0Tdi 150bhp , 18” Matt Bronze OZ Ultraleggera’s 8Jx18 ET45 on Bridgestone 225/40/18’s
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Yellow Caddy’s

Post by Barbel330 »

Yeah I think that with the usual mods, bumpers colour coded, wheels, lowered etc it could look really good. You might want to nick those wheel trims for yours though? :)

That colour code isn’t a normal factory code but I looked it up on my paint scheme and it certainly is a factory colour so that’s good.

Instagram: @y_5cuf
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

Wounder if it’s a deutsche post colour, but a company in the uk wanted a yellow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Got a notification of a quoted post on this thread but can't see it, must have been a fart in the wind lol.

My mate said his yellow one came yellow from uk vw, might have been a special request I guess.

Did the aa ever run caddys?
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

I wonder these yellow vans are mainly for sale in a certain part of the country. Maybe a firm or the local council in that area uses them? It might give you an idea of it’s background.

Can’t help but notice that it’s got side rail covers on, I thought they only came standard on the life models? Yet if it’s been a company van, it’s quite unlikely that they’d modify it?

I’ve never seen one with vinyl seats too, so all in all quite unusual I think.

Rescue me from the swans in me
Ripley55
Hyper Poster

Post by Ripley55 »

I know mate
I think it's a cracker strangely enough
There's more info/photos on the advert :D

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... dal=photos
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

Looks like a tidy example. I could see the yellow growing on me, especially after some nice mods.
At the end of the day, we’re all creating something unique with our vans. There’s no two exactly the same. So with that mindset, I think your mate should buy it.

Ripley55
Hyper Poster

Post by Ripley55 »

That's what I've told him Pete :lol:
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

Tell him to sign up and start a build thread too. I’d love to see it all done up

Papa Bear
Hyper Poster

Post by Papa Bear »

From the colour of the metalwork in the back it looks like was originally yellow, not a respray.
Did the kombi come with side rails?
I quite like it, with the usual mods it would definitely stand out
Caddy Maxi Life 1.6TDI 7 speed DSG 102bhp
Black

Marmite lover!!!
VCDS
petrev
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by petrev »

Yeah, I like it too.

Just me, but I like the look of black bumpers on colours like this.
Maybe Gloss Black, and I would fit a cheap pair of tinted windows in the back quarter, just dummys with the panel sprayed black behind, just to complete the contrast look.

https://www.justkampers.com/search/result/?q=caddy
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

@petrev I like your thinking there. I’m not keen on the one window look. Maybe smoking the side door windows and a black wrap on the rear quarter might work?

I’m tempted to do this to mine to break up the blue.....only use a wrap on the doors too.