Red steering wheel symbol

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Red steering wheel symbol

Post by Azz03 »

Started the van this morning drove to my parents 10 mins down the road no issues left the van for couple of hours. I’ve just got in it started it up and the red steering wheel symbol won’t go out even if I hard lock left or right and steering feels a tad heavy. Vcds is showing a fault code ( 01309 power steering module ) could this just be a fuse as it’s been fine for weeks and my van has electric power steering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Red steering wheel

Post by Doc »

Might be power, might be CANbus wiring, may well even be an internal failure in the steering rack.
I've seen a few which have just failed for no reason but then there's also a few which have had wiring problems.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

[mention]Doc [/mention] it’s just strange how it was working fine all week and today. Left it for a couple hours Parked up. It still drives just feels a tad stiff on certain turns

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

That's what they tend to do, module failure or snapped wire, they don't tend to come and go for a bit just outright fail straight up without warning.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

[mention]Doc [/mention] lovely lol this van just seems to pop up with something new every month. Guess it’s just a process of elimination then. Module/wires then if not replace the rack. I’ve got the electric steering rack on mine

Azz03
Hyper Poster

Re: Red steering wheel symbol

Post by Azz03 »

[mention]Doc [/mention] will I need to have the new module coded? Also would mk5 golf be the same

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

The mk5 golf spanned 3 different generations of steering rack, you'll be best getting the same or newer than the one you have if you do need one.
Did you ever save a full Autoscan before the failure, you might get the number from that.

Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

[mention]Doc [/mention] I’ll just stick with a caddy one same as mine. I don’t actually know what it could be atm either rack module or fuses. I did do a scan before hand yes so I should be able to look back at them

Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

May sound daft but would having the two front wheel bearings affect the steering at all afterwards?