List of factory fittings

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Tothemaxi
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

List of factory fittings

Post by Tothemaxi » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:28 am

Is there anyway to see what your van had fitted from factory? I know from a transit forum, that with ford you could get a read out with a list of everything your van had added to it.

Also is there a comprehensive list anywhere of available extras? I’ve got a fairly low spec’d caddy maxi life and I’m interested in what OEM upgrades I can make.

I can’t see the full forum yet so apologies if this is obvious somewhere.

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: List of factory fittings

Post by Doc » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:43 am

Welcome to the forum.
Your caddy will have a build sticker on the inside front cover of the service book and the same above the cabin fuse box.
This will have codes (pr-codes) which you can look up online to decrypt.
To my knowledge, there's nothing with a documented list of all possible options. You might find an old brochure but that will only show what the importer has deemed as an available option for your country, not an exhaustive list of what might have been fitted from the factory.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort

petrev
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by petrev » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:56 am

You can download a PDF of the VW PR Codes

http://vag-codes.info/vag-option-codes

Decoder
http://igorweb.org/equidec.aspx

Tothemaxi
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Tothemaxi » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:26 am

Perfect, cheers guys, I’ll go and do some deciphering.

anoneamus
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by anoneamus » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:42 am

I expect you can get the information from a dealer. VW holds a file on your vehicle (which seems to be called "manufacturing record"), that is keyed by your VIN number. The parts department can take the VIN number and get all of the parts originally fitted to the vehicle. I retrofitted Bi-Xenon, and the service department was able to tell me that the manufacturing record didn't reflect that. They also told me that if they had been fitted by a dealer, it may have been possible for them to update the manufacturing record with the retrofit (sounded like manufacturing record could only be changed before delivery, so dealer would have to do retrofit before initial delivery).