Axle close to fuel filler pipe

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Axle close to fuel filler pipe

Post by Azz03 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:04 pm

Evening people bit of a random one I have done a search and can see people have had this issue a fair few years ago but was wondering if anyone has recently. My vans lowered and kept getting a knocking sound found it out to be the exhaust hitting the rear axle so sorted that but at the same time I noticed the rear axle is very close to the fuel filler neck there is a slight rub mark on mine right above, I’m going to be raising my van on the rear just to be safe but has anyone else ever noticed this or experienced it ?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Axle close to fuel filler pipe

Post by Doc » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:55 pm

This is typical when you go really low, down to one doughnut on the rear bump stop.
It's the ARB clamp mounting bracket contacting the fuel pipe which is often cut down if a van is lowered that far.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort

Azz03
Hyper Poster

Re: Axle close to fuel filler pipe

Post by Azz03 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:10 pm

[mention]Doc [/mention] that’s it I couldn’t remember what it was called. I’m not mega low not like half the people I see on here and other groups. My bump stops have had two sections cut off. Once I lift the rear up I might change to new bump stops but only cut one section off. But will see how the van is after I raise it up. Cheers doc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk