Injector Rip-off

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
T-Kaddy
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Injector Rip-off

Post by T-Kaddy »

Does anyone else think this looks like stinking profiteering by Siemens/VDO?

https://scontent-lhr8-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=60B0FE70
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Re: Injector Rip-off

Post by the swan fiend »

That’s a rip off, but whatever you do, don’t pay that. You can get them much cheaper. Try PF Jones. They seem to be well regarded on here from what I’ve read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
T-Kaddy
Caddy Fan

Post by T-Kaddy »

Hi swan friend. This pic is from PF Jones web site just an hour ago! I rubbed out their logos so as not to name them. Not their fault though, obviously.
Handyandy
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Handyandy »

There expensive are they good plated or something i paid £1200 to have 4 supplied and fitted and recoding mind you i thought that was expensive at the time i'm glad i didn't go to that place
Beluga blue caddy remapped to 145ish side window and bonnet deflector lowered and 18" calibre rims on 225/40/18
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I don't see how you can say it's profiteering from Siemens VDO when the price is from a retailer selling at full MSRP.
PF Jones have long been the lowest price supplier for these injectors, for years they have been selling well discounted. I can only assume that because of Brexit, there has been some action from the UK importer to enforce selling at full MSRP. Such a shame really.

You might be best contacting someone outside of the UK to import just what you need if the UK market is now enforcing MSRP on these.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
T-Kaddy
Caddy Fan

Post by T-Kaddy »

I'm just amazed at the price difference especially after reading on here that the 1.6tdi is by far the most common Caddy, it sure looks like profiteering to me (by somebody) but hey, I'm old. You may well be right about finding an import route should I ever need replacements. These things must have their own ECU! 😁
thecolourpurple
Hyper Poster

Post by thecolourpurple »

Autodoc are doing vdo injectors today with 37% discount. Coming in at less than £300 including tax.

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk

2014 CAYD 1.6tdi 150bhp, Darkside straight pipe, EGR & DPF delete, Custom cold intake with K&N 571s, 19" wheels, Pioneer/Kenwood & Vibe audio.
c@ddyme
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by c@ddyme »

Ive just checked on autodoc coming in today at £272 each, 40% discount if anyone is in need...
:D :D