Coilover chaos!!

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Re@vey80
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Coilover chaos!!

Post by Re@vey80 »

Morning all, I spent at least 8 hrs yesterday changing the coilovers on my 12 plate caddy, the crap things that were on there were easy enough to get out but I really struggled getting the new Stance + back on and with very few tools and some very handy pieces of strong wood to use as an extra pair of hands . Passenger side was easy but driver side almost broke me mentally and physically. Just wanted to know if anyone else is using Stance+ coilovers and whereabouts they are set for height? I also need a torqz bit for the bolt at the bottom of the shock on the hub, what size is this I'm desperate to know so I can buy one coz I need van for work tomorrow!!!
Hope you beautiful people can help!!!!
Cheers peeps

Sent from my BV6800Pro using Tapatalk

Lister79
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Coilover chaos!!

Post by Lister79 »

Hi no experience of Stance coilovers but I’m sure the bolt is a M14 Spline (can confirm later).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

How did you get the bolt undone on the passenger side?

You set your collar/nut so the van is level, it depends how much your rear is lowered and how tired your rear springs are so everyone's setting will be different.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
Tomh3048
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Tomh3048 »

Hi I fitted some stance plus a few weeks back, the hardest part I found was getting the old front shocks out, I’ve adjusted the front shocks so there the lowest on the front and have around 25mm arch gap and I used the original shackles on the rear as the new nuts they sent with the adjustable rear shackles wouldn’t fit the long bolts. I will pop outside and find out what size socket you need Image
It’s an m14 Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Giddy on Mon May 03, 2021 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: combine two replies in one post
kyle4826
Caddy Fan

Post by kyle4826 »

I have recently fitted the stance + kit, I am at 24inch from the bottom off the alloy to the arch. The rear on the lowest setting as well.

I have got 235/35/19's

For me it sits absolutely perfect and drives so much better. Once it been on another couple of weeks going to just give the height a check over and a bit of a grease on the coilovers.

As for the bolt size, as mentioned above M14 sounds about right.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Re@vey80
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Re@vey80 »

Thanks for your input peeps, got the job done but still got a knocking on the near side somewhere.....one job I don't want to do again!!!

Sent from my BV6800Pro using Tapatalk