Dpf delete

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
t_Molloy
Caddy Fan

Dpf delete

Post by t_Molloy »

Well folks I’ve been recommended when getting my van mapped that I get a dpf delete , just wondering have any had an issues with passing the test with a dpf delete , thanks
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Re: Dpf delete

Post by Scoobysrt »

If its just a stage 1 remap and you're not altering anything else I wouldn't get a dpf delete. Did the person recommending it say why they suggested it?
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
t_Molloy
Caddy Fan

Post by t_Molloy »

Cheers for the reply , yea it’s my local mechanic he basically just said the van would run a lot smoother , he also said it’s not essential that you don’t need to do it but if he was getting a van mapped he would ... why wouldn’t you get it done if it’s only a stage 1 map? Which it will be just a stage remap that’s all ... thanks !
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

I was told that myself when I had mine remapped and from what I've read I believe it chucks black smoke out on start up and full power. Unless you're going for bigger power and doing a proper physical delete I think it only gives a very very small power advantage if any at all. As far as I'm aware it doesn't alter how smooth it runs.
Also be aware a physical delete is now illegal and a mot failure but I'm doubtful you would get too many issues unless the dvla pull you over as its a van.

Someone more experienced with dpf delete may chime in differently or with more detail but thats as far as my research went.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
t_Molloy
Caddy Fan

Post by t_Molloy »

Yeah thanks very much for you help , I think the fact it’s a failure on the mot just tells me to stay away from trouble Yano that kind of way . I’ll get her mapped she’s at 102bhp be interesting to see what it goes to! Thanks lad 👍
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

My 102 went to around 180-190 ish, an mot shouldn't really find a mapped out dpf as long as the o2 readings are in limits but as I say for the minimal gain if any it wasn't worth it to me.