Timing belt price

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Wingnut84
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Timing belt price

Post by Wingnut84 »

Hi all.

I've just had a price of £495 to replace the timing belt, water pump and tensioner with OEM parts and was wondering if this sounds about right. The vans a 2011 2.0tdi 140 of that makes a difference and I'm based in Derby in the east Midlands.

Thanks in advance for any replys.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Timing belt price

Post by Doc »

Genuine VW belt kit or a Gates kit is no different apart from the box and the price.
I take it when you asked for a price with OEM parts you meant direct from VW? Gates manufacturer for VW so they are in fact the OEM for this part, you just pay more for the VW box.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Wingnut84
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Wingnut84 »

I wasn't given an option, they just said they only use oem parts.
I'll have a ring around a few more garages today.
Thanks for the info Doc
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

There's lots of OEMs, if your getting a VW supplied kit it'll come at a premium over the same parts in a Gates box from a motor factors.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Wingnut84
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Wingnut84 »

Thanks for the info doc, it's now booked in for the gates kit fully fitted for £370. I owe you a beer 🍻
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

I hope you tried DubUnit in Walton-on-Trent, comes highly recommended for anything Caddy related in the Midlands.

Wingnut84
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Wingnut84 »

I've not, but I'll bare them in mind for next time. I'm new to the vw/caddy scene so any info like this is greatly appreciated.
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

+1 for dubunit
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro