Buying advice

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Kanenevill
Caddy2k Groupie

Buying advice

Post by Kanenevill »

Hello everyone just joined and looking for some advice sorry if this this the wrong section. I have around 3000 to spend on a reasonably clean caddy would this be enough or is it worth saving a little more money. I’m also curious to how much it costs to upgrade the pre facelift to the facelift, there is probably a topic about this but have not posted enough to view anything.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Buying advice

Post by Doc »

Hello and welcome to the forum.
For a pre-2010 facelift to 2010-2015 type front end, you're probably looking at somewhere in the region of £1k for the parts. By the time you paint it and fit it all up, I'd expect you'll be out about £1650 minimum.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Kanenevill
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Kanenevill »

Thanks for the reply really appreciate it.
Last edited by Giddy on Mon May 10, 2021 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote of previous post
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by the swan fiend »

Hi mate. Welcome to the forum
An option I’d be considering is your £3000, plus £1650 you would’ve spent on a facelift, maybe push it another £1000 and try go for something newer, with less miles maybe?
Alternatively, @zeberdeecaddy is doing a budget build and he’s making a damn good job of it too check his thread out.

To be honest, no matter what you buy, you’ll probably end up throwing more cash than you ever planned to at your van. Modding gets addictive, and the inspiration on here is endless!
Looking forward to seeing what you buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Kanenevill
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Kanenevill »

Thank you for the reply, I’m looking to build a full sound system van which is on a separate budget. But I would rather take some of that budget to buy a better more reliable van then save up again for the sound system .
Last edited by Giddy on Tue May 11, 2021 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote of previous post
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by the swan fiend »

Sounds like good logic mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me