Insurance for modified caddy’s

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
J100WEE
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Insurance for modified caddy’s

Post by J100WEE »

Hi guys

I have an MK4 with the following modifications :

Coded bumpers
Side bars
Rear spoiler
Tinted rear window
Re-mapped
Smoked rear tail lights
Coil overs
18” wheels

Adrian flux is now charging me 85 per month (12 months)

Where’s the best place to insure these vans ?
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Re: Insurance for modified caddy’s

Post by Scoobysrt »

Avoid Adrian flux like covid,
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=44620
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
Jono1
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Jono1 »

Brentacre have just quoted me £35 a month with similar mods on my mk3. I’m currently paying around £80 per month with admiral and mods aren’t covered so need to get it changed over .
J100WEE
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by J100WEE »

No way !

Thanks guys

I will be calling them on Monday
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I'm glad I'm old!
I pay less than you guys even after and engine conversion and two pages of declared modifications.
That's with Brentacre.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Jono1
200BHP+

Post by Jono1 »

Insurance prices are crazy. Me and the mrs are both 28 (our caddy is our only vehicle as I have a works van). She nearly took my head off when we got the van and our insurance jumped from £28 per month on our Tiguan to just over £80. For a t5, then it jumped another couple of quid for the caddy... none of the mods are declared on the caddy on that policy either.

I’d seen some of the insurance threads on here so currently going through the recommendations to get our policy changed over.
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

You should declare all mods if you want to avoid trouble. Round here the police even check if you've declared them, im not sure of the legalities regarding that but I know an insurance company will not pay out if you've not declared them.

All mods declared, protected ncd, hire van, legal costs etc mine is £300 a year or £25 a month if you go that way (I always pay anually) I'm with Aplan as mentioned in the insurance thread.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
Pepsi
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Pepsi »

@Scoobysrt
Just out of curiosity is that for personal use or business use?
I use mine for work and due the mileage I cover I pay a lot more than that
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Business use bud but they said I can use it for personal as well although I don't because I have a car as well.

As I'm sure your aware insurance changes based on age, where you live, where the vehicle is parked over night (mines down a diveway), your ncd, your license (mines clean), previous claims etc.

I can do any mod I want regarding styling with no extra penalty as long as I tell them, any power mod is based on a per mod basis but as mines mapped I'm not adding anymore power, they said it wouldn't likely go up anyway unless I did an engine swap and even then they said it would likely be a small amount if at all.

Aplans excesses are cheaper than anyone else I've ever used or had a quote from as well.
Pepsi
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Pepsi »

I'm with a plan also but but I thi k its because its parked on the road and I do about 20000 miles a year for work.

They did say that I can do any mods on the van apart from engine mods I like as long as I let them know.

Thanks for the reply anyway.
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

I originally capped mine at 6k a year but I rang back a few weeks later and removed the cap for £30.
I'm also in the countryside which will make a difference to someone in a built up area.
Kyle
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Kyle »

I'm with Flux for my modified van. Just had a claim with them too and had no problems