Recommendation for New Panel Supplier

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
AndyBa
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Recommendation for New Panel Supplier

Post by AndyBa »

Please can someone recommend suppliers for a replacement wing and bonnet for a 2011 Caddy? My son's budget won't stretch to new VAG panels.
We'd preferably buy second-hand in BG blue (even paying extra since it saves painting) but it seems like front-ends disappear really quick with people doing updates!
I've seen some new panels on ebay, wings circa £60, but If they don't fit properly then it doesn't seem worth it. I've also seen suppliers that advertise them ready painted £130-£180 depending upon supplier https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123327730329 ... SwM85bfqkk. Appreciate there may be shading differences tho.
We might go for a new pattern Caddy bumper since this doesn't need painting and will probably get replaced when a Touran one comes available.
Thanks in advance.
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Re: Recommendation for New Panel Supplier

Post by the swan fiend »

Check the for sale section mate, there’s a bloke selling a bumper you may be interested in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
AndyBa
Caddy Fan

Post by AndyBa »

Thanks but I don't have enough posts to see it :D
petrev
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by petrev »

AndyBa
Caddy Fan

Post by AndyBa »

Oh...I've now done the necessary. Pending authorisation from the Mods :D
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

Might be worth giving these guys in Edinburgh a call...

https://www.scbvehicledismantlers.co.uk/

They are local to me, a little pricey, however they do package parts up and post them out
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here
AndyBa
Caddy Fan

Post by AndyBa »

Thanks C Chris... edit chis...phones aren't too gr8 for reading clearly!
I got excited when I saw an ex Bg van on their website. Only to find it had already been cherry-picked. :D

My thoughts are with going for second hand parts based upon the fact that they will hopefully be genuine body parts and will fit properly.
Last edited by AndyBa on Sun May 23, 2021 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Not always the case but a good oem part already painted has less chance of rusting.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
Dislexicdonkey
200BHP+

Post by Dislexicdonkey »

To be honest even if you do get a good second hand BG painted wing there’s a good chance they won’t match colour wise anyway.

Manufacturers have tendencies to change either paint suppliers or the technique on the way the “robots” apply factory paint. Even changing the angle of application can change the way the colour lays.

You could try eurocarparts/LKQ, they do a platinum plus range which aren’t actually that bad fitment wise. Some insurers we deal with now won’t fit genuine panels on vehicles older then 3 years, and specify we have to use the above mentioned range.

Any half decent Bodyshop would blend the colour accordingly to make sure there wasn’t a colour issue.

Hope this helps a little and I haven’t gone on to much 😂
AndyBa
Caddy Fan

Post by AndyBa »

Today we collected a secondhand bonnet and wing. The wing is genuine. Not sure about the bonnet.
It'S taken a while to align it all up today mainly because the original hinges were bent, I've replaced them now.