Wheels

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
NickH
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Wheels

Post by NickH »

Hi all,
New to the Caddy world so please could someone offer some advice,

Mine is the 2015/2016 2.0 Ltr model and I have been offered a set of a 18x8 wheels with a ET 38 offset, would these be ok on standard suspension and ok if in the future I lowered it?
Onky looking to lower about 40-45mm as this will be a van for work with equipment in the rear.
Thanks in advance..
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Wheels

Post by Doc »

8x18 in ET38 should be fine if you fit an appropriate tyre.
The go to wheel and offset is 8.5x19 in ET45 so being a 12.7mm narrower wheel with 7mm extra poke, you'll only have a fraction of a millimetre more poke than that.
You don't intend lowering very much so there will be nothing to worry about.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
NickH
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: Wheels

Post by NickH »

Many thanks, I was looking at 225/40/18 Riken as they are made by Michelin.
Any recommendations for lowering? I was looking at just springs for the front 45-50mm and obviously shackle kit for rear,not lowering to much as will have work tools in rear.

The Riken tyres have a load rating of 92 and I believe that the Maxi should be a minimum of 91?