Carpet lining

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
jilkie
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Carpet lining

Post by jilkie »

Hey caddy crew,

In the process of converting my 2011 swb van and am looking at carpet lining over the ply.
Have insulated with wool and reflectix under the ply lining already but like the idea of the 4-way stretch carpet for extra insulation and comfort.
Would 6m2 be enough for the whole back section?
Any tricks or tips?

Cheers
Cousin it
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Carpet lining

Post by Cousin it »

Hi
When I carpeted mine I was advised to get 6m to carpet the sides and doors or 8m if I intended to do the headliner as well, when buying it get good adhesive harrisons trim supplies or mega van mats supply good high temp adhesive which works nicely.
I found that citrus label remover aerosol is handy for making cleaning up of any excess glue that gets on paintwork or plastics a breeze.
There are quite a few good videos about carpeting on YouTube which are worth a watch Coomb Valley campers and Dan Chambers have both done informative videos showing the carpeting process and these should give good tips about how to achieve a professional finish to your carpeting.
jilkie
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by jilkie »

Thanks for the reply!
Yea have been watching those videos and will go for 8m.
Not got around to it yet as it’s been in the garage for the last couple of weeks with injector issues 🤦
Should be good as new now and looking forward to spending some time in it!
Olly
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Olly »

As above, I’d say better to buy a bit too much than too little so 8m. Patience and taking ur time is key when carpeting it