SD slot

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
GeeTee10
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Re: SD slot

Post by GeeTee10 »

sorted

card out. I sort of thought this is what was happening. As you can see the clip cover is now in two parts. But, basically there were two sprung tabs on each side meaning the cover can be push in ok, but not be pulled out. I had to get some cable cutters on it as it made from thin metal. Simple cut up the spine length and it came out.

Then took me about 5 hours of downloading and failed update attempts to finally update the map. But that's another story. lol

Thanks for the help
Last edited by Giddy on Thu May 27, 2021 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed to a full size picture link
petrev
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by petrev »

Well done
👍

Must be a device to stop driver from removing or changing (losing) the SD card.
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Sorry I missed your updates, there is a way to get these out but I guess you've found your own way lol,
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
petrev
Hyper Poster

Post by petrev »

Tease !

How do you do it then ?
:popcorn:
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Sorry my bad, the tool is very much like the aforementioned feeler gauge but it has a notch cut out, there are 2 of them to pull the tabs back in and pull the blocker out.

I think I know where mine are so ill find them out and take a pic and dimension them for you.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
petrev
Hyper Poster

Post by petrev »

👍
Thanks Scoob
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

No problem mate, can't just lay my hand on the tools, they aren't were I thought they were, they were part of a kit and I've lost the full thing at the moment :roll:
I'm moving house so will turn up at some point.
petrev
Hyper Poster

Post by petrev »

I am constantly losing things these days, mostly turn up just after I buy some more - Doh !
:?
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Lol ain't that the truth hence I've a box full of stereo removal tools lol.
cactusgreen
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by cactusgreen »

@GeeTee10
So what version you now running....I've been trying to get an answer out of vw as to what version is now stable and not killing the units.......
Last edited by Giddy on Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote
Rear ended and killed :cry: 1.9 TDi DSG indian blue wrapped in slightly darker blue lol, now replaced with a new Highline 1.6 TDi DSG bit naked without the logos yet - rather fun but not quite my Audi S4, but makes me smile as much as my 2.6e 80 Cabriolet!!