Mechanical turbo boost gauge

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
thecolourpurple
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Mechanical turbo boost gauge

Post by thecolourpurple »

Evening all. Has anyone installed a mechanical turbo boost gauge? I'm after a bit of guidance as to where I can tee off the vacuum line. Would the turbo actuator hose be any good?? Any help gratefully accepted.
2014 CAYD 1.6tdi 150bhp, Darkside straight pipe, EGR & DPF delete, Custom cold intake with K&N 571s, 19" wheels, Pioneer/Kenwood & Vibe audio.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Mechanical turbo boost gauge

Post by Doc »

You'll want to tap into a boost pipe or somewhere on the intake system after the turbo compressor. The turbo actuator vacuum line is not boost pressure.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
thecolourpurple
Hyper Poster

Hi Doc. Thank you for the advice. Can anyone put up a photo that shows this please? The gauge came with a tee piece that presumably fits into a small section hose however I do have an adaptor that would allow me to drill into a larger diameter hose if that is easier to locate.

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk

2014 CAYD 1.6tdi 150bhp, Darkside straight pipe, EGR & DPF delete, Custom cold intake with K&N 571s, 19" wheels, Pioneer/Kenwood & Vibe audio.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

What engine do you have?
I've seen some adaptors which fit under the MAP sensor, those are a neat option.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
thecolourpurple
Hyper Poster

Hi Doc it's a CAYD 1.6tdi 2014

thecolourpurple
Hyper Poster

So after many months of searching for a gauge pod I actually liked & pretty much giving up on it finally someone is producing one. SRS automotive are doing a 3d printed pod that fits the air vent aperture. Bit pricey but worth it imo. Got it all fitted & plumbed in this morning. Vent was broken anyway so win winmImage