Where is the best place to look for a C2K?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Drewcole
100BHP+

Where is the best place to look for a C2K?

Post by Drewcole »

Having been trawlling the classifieds, mainly eBay and Autotrader, for a few weeks now I'm struggling to find what I am after...

I may be picky here, I'm searching for a Mxi Life with MAX £10k budget, but reallly don't want a ex-WAV one.

Anyone know of any secret places that would be worth a look at?
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Where is the best place to look for a C2K?

Post by the swan fiend »

None that I know of mate. I’d say keep looking where you’re looking. Being prepared to travel to get what you want is probably a must though.
There’s a few on auto trader that I’ve just seen, I’d say keep looking and hold out for what you want……then start modding it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Drewcole
100BHP+

Post by Drewcole »

I was hoping there was a secret Caddy hoarder on here that would be sprung into offloading one for me :)
Last edited by Giddy on Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote of previous post
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by the swan fiend »

Once you’ve got access, keep an eye on the for sale section.
Also, it’s a bit of work, but you could look into getting a standard maxi and converting it. Don’t forget you’ll need to check with the DVLA weather the classification can be changed from van to car. This affects speed limits, insurance, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Drewcole
100BHP+

Post by Drewcole »

Think I'll hold out for the right one, have spotted a couple but they do seem to be at the ends of the earth from me, typical!

Think it might be a weekend away for me :)
SIMONSNOT
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by SIMONSNOT »

Like you I also wanted a maxi life.

I got mine direct from VW. I found it on VW”s own website but had to travel to the dealer which was about a 4hr round trip.

This was a bit more than your budget but admittedly, was also more than my original budget. My problem was the more I looked the more 10k seemed reasonable, then 11k seemed reasonable, then 12k seemed reasonable and so on!

The one I got was pretty much the spec I wanted but again, the more I looked the more I wanted extras! Bit of a rabbit hole!

Considering I got mine from VW I didn’t think it was that badly priced but I also got the peace of mind of warranty, breakdown which was what I wanted so I was prepare to pay that bit extra.