Someone help with this please…

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Benny88
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Someone help with this please…

Post by Benny88 »

Recently brought another caddy so Iv started swapping parts over from my silver to new black one and while I was changing over my rear lights, I noticed that the silver van doesn’t have this cable coming out on drivers side but it does in black one Image

Only difference is silver van doesn’t have a rear wiper on it where my black one does ( I do plan on getting the same doors tho)

I have no idea what this cable does or if I need it? If I don’t how can I go about removing it?

Cheers folks
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Someone help with this please…

Post by Doc »

That rubber conduit is for the heated rear window, that's the only electronics on the right side door.
Obviously your van with no rear wiper will have no heated screen and therefore no conduit.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Benny88
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Benny88 »

Thats what I thought mate..
Is there anyway of removing it as iv got a set or black rear doors same as my silver one so they won’t be heated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Giddy on Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote of previous post
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Yes, of course you can.
Just undo the wiring harness in the door and at the plug/socket above the wheel arch and remove it completely.
You need the two oval grommets from VW, I don't have a part numbers to hand but you will have them on your van without the conduit.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort