Caddy P0087 fault

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Seanick
100BHP+

Caddy P0087 fault

Post by Seanick »

Hi guys,

I've a 2011 1.6 caddy with fault code P0087.

So far changed the below

HPFP
LPFP
Fuel filter
Pressure sensor Fuel line
Fuel filter housing replaced
Checked no kinks in Fuel lines
Injectors Checked and fine.

Any ideas van is perfect until it you drive it a few mins then it goes into limp mode.

Cheers

Seanick
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Caddy P0087 fault

Post by Doc »

Did you get any live measurement readings from the fuel pressure sensor? I'm thinking there might be a wiring problem somewhere between the engine bay fuse panel, the ECU and the sensor.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Seanick
100BHP+

Post by Seanick »

Hi m8,

Thanks for the reply.

No it was just a generic reader the lad had.... would this req vag com?

Thanks

Seanick
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

VCDS is your best bet for live logging.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Seanick
100BHP+

Post by Seanick »

Hi m8,

I haven't been able to get anyone with vcds to look at it but had some live measurements taken with a sanp on elous reader.
It was showing fuel pressure rising until limp came in then a drop off but if you continue driving the pressure will rise again up to 80-90000(kpa).....idle was around 23(kpa) I think.
I have identified the wires from the ecu to the 3 pin switch in the fuel rail and ran another to eliminate although the belled out ok.... still the same issues.

Still the 2 codes P0087 and

Will try to do the same with the other switch

@doc was this the live measurement you were referring to? (Fuel pressure)

Thanks

Seanick
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

With VCDS, you should be able to log the requested fuel pressure Vs the actual, that will let you see if there's something happening and when.