Fuel Pressure Warning – switch of the engine

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
adamszymo11
Caddy2k Groupie

Fuel Pressure Warning – switch of the engine

Post by adamszymo11 »

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has faced the same problem and keen to hear what the solution was. I have a caddy maxi 2015.

We keep getting a ‘Fuel Pressure Warning – switch of the engine’ on the dash. It is quite sporadic when it happens. Once the engine is off for 5 mins or so, it doesn’t seem to happen for a while but its now happened 3 times in 10 days. We arrived in Mull after a ferry journey. Switched the engine off for 5 and it was normal the rest of our trip including the 3 hour drive home. It happened again this weekend twice back-to-back after only switching the engine off for a short period of time. But after switching it off for 5 mins, it survived the rest of the trip without warning and the hour journeys home without warning.

Thanks,

Adam
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Re: Fuel Pressure Warning – switch of the engine

Post by dan@biali »

It might be worth scanning the Caddy to see if there are any fault codes logged. Would help narrow it down as it could be quite a few things according to the google experts I just flicked through! Main one thats mentioned is a faulty fuel pressure sensor but even wiring issues are mentioned. Are you getting any other symptoms - trouble starting, bad fuel economy etc?
adamszymo11
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Fuel Pressure Warning – switch of the engine

Post by adamszymo11 »

Hey,

We had the fuel pressure regulator changed around a month ago. I was thinking it could be linked to that?

Haven't seen any other symptoms at all.

Thanks.