Rear speakers Maxi Life question

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
wildybeast
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Rear speakers Maxi Life question

Post by wildybeast »

The rear speakers in my 2019 are dead quiet.Is this normal.Theres no adjustment on the vw head unit for fade .only balance.tia
Drewcole
100BHP+

Re: Rear speakers Maxi Life question

Post by Drewcole »

They're fairly far back from the drivers position and aren't overly big either.

Mine are pretty quiet in my ML, look to upgrade the headunit perhaps to put more power through them or change out and amp.
wildybeast
100BHP+

Post by wildybeast »

Thanks .I have the discover media fitted.Speakers are there and working .Just if you put your ear to them.I have left/right function but no front/rear fading option on the unit.Ime told this function can be coded in.Trying to find if this is true so i can go to my dealer and ask them to sort it. .Still under warranty but had a couple of bad experiences with them.Surely if the speakers are fitted then you should be able to here them imo. Cheers
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

I could be wrong but I am sure I read somewhere that when rear speakers are added the fading option turns itself on automatically. Either way I'm sure it can be activated with vcds but not sure if a dealer will do it at a reasonable price or not (free).

A little more info on the subject here https://www.caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=475
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Find someone with VCDS, from memory it's just a simple checkbox exercise for adding the speakers to the coding on a Discover Media.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
wildybeast
100BHP+

Post by wildybeast »

Thanks All .It came with factory fitted rears but has had the head unit changed under warranty.Tbh ive only recently descovered it has them in.Maybe theyve missed that function.Ile get on the blower.