Front assist

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
garethrs1800
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Front assist

Post by garethrs1800 »

Hi lads has anyone done a cluster upgrade and lost the front assist ,after changing my cluster my front assist comes up saying not available it’s really doing my head in lol
2.0tdi,mapped,full electric pack highline model, mfsw ,Clifford alarm,gaz coil overs ,18 Gtd alloys
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Front assist

Post by Doc »

Best go back to whoever did your instrument cluster upgrade and have them finish the job.
The front assistant radar has component protection which needs to be matched to your new/replacement instrument cluster.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
garethrs1800
Twin Turbo poster

Post by garethrs1800 »

So do you know anyone who can fix this issue for me for me doc must be someone out there who can sort this issue out
2.0tdi,mapped,full electric pack highline model, mfsw ,Clifford alarm,gaz coil overs ,18 Gtd alloys
zu11y
Caddy Fan

Post by zu11y »

were abouts are you based. chances are its a coding issue on the cluster. wont be cp as the cluster matches to the car and not the other way so cp would not have kicked in on the radar.
2006 black caddy, 2.0 BKD converted, custom leather seats
fully qualified auto electrician always willing to help
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

I stand corrected.
Apologies if I've put you up the wrong path @garethrs1800
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
garethrs1800
Twin Turbo poster

Post by garethrs1800 »

It’s definitely something to do with the cluster wen we put the old cluster back in all is fine wen the new cluster is then put back in all is ok for a short while then it comes up front ads not available that’s all I want is someone to sort it for me any ideas Doc please 😊
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Definitely sounds like component protection but the guy above says not.
One of the reasons I don't do instrument cluster retrofit jobs on Caddy4 is because of the component protection, I don't have the equipment to do it.

Hopefully the previous replier can advise better as I would like to know myself.

zu11y
Caddy Fan

Post by zu11y »

how are you switching between clusters do you have access to any diagnostics odis/vcds.

i need to have a look at the fault code with the new cluster connected to assess the issue.

there are a number off issues which can shut down the acc.

if you have vcds let me know and will arrange a time to teamviewer in.
2006 black caddy, 2.0 BKD converted, custom leather seats
fully qualified auto electrician always willing to help
garethrs1800
Twin Turbo poster

Post by garethrs1800 »

Send me over your number please mate
garethrs1800
Twin Turbo poster

Post by garethrs1800 »

Still looking for anyone who’s able to go this for me