Windscreens

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Gsi_Jimbo
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Windscreens

Post by Gsi_Jimbo »

Right I’ve finally got a crack in my original windscreen so now is the time for a new one,

I don’t suppose anyone knows the part number for a 2011-2015 windscreen with the factory rls sensor mount ?

Or if anyone has it fitted as standard could I borrow the reg to get one ordered ?

Cheers joe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Re: Windscreens

Post by dan@biali »

I've had a look on partslink and I think the number is:

2K5 845 099 NVB

My slight concern is the one without has an L at the end of that (before NVB) and this one doesn't have any letters. I've checked a couple of other years and its the same. Definitely worth double checking. You can use autotrader and VW for sale ads to find a vehicle with RLS to get a reg number, I often do that to confirm the numbers.

This is the number for the retaining plate for the mirror with RLS

7L0 845 543 A

Again, you need to check these before ordering, I don't work for VW!
Gsi_Jimbo
200BHP+

Post by Gsi_Jimbo »

Cheers buddy I’ll have a look, I was only able to find the green tint windscreen part number which is double the price of a normal one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

I think they're all green tint, at least thats what it says on partslink. There are only 3 listed, one mentions the vin number window, one mentions with rain sensor, and one is described as insulated (and that one is £421). £245 ish but might have VAT on top of that.
petrev
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by petrev »

What Dan said confirmed on ilcats.ru

https://www.ilcats.ru/vw/?function=getP ... anguage=en
Screenshot_20210618-120342.png
DjLoop
Caddy Fan

Post by DjLoop »

I don´t know how supply of windshields looks like in UK but the brand SPLINTEX is the best windshields for Caddy that is ever made as OEM replacement.

If you want to put some work in to it you can use windshield from touran but you will have to make some adjustments on the windshield but the touran windshields here in Sweden are aucustic made so they have better laminate.

I think i have tested out more or less all windshields OEM and OEM replacements for the caddys and they are getting tested pretty hard

Vw Caddy 2008 Carrera Cup Showcar/Db Drag/Demo car
1200Ah Winston Lifepo4 Lithium
114kw in Amplifier power
140m 40 x 40 Steel reinforcement
Bullet Proof Glass "14mm"
370a Mechman Alternator

8 pot RS6 Calipers
370mm RSQ5 Discs
EGR Delete
PDF Delete
038 130 073AL injectors
Turbo GTB1749V
Full Powerflex
AndyBa
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by AndyBa »

We have RLS on both our Skodas.
I just assumed the module on the windscreen "peeled off". Perhaps speak to some windscreen replacement companies for "quotes" and quiz them about what they can do.
Just had a Caddy windscreen fitted at a cost of £291. It was termed as the "top spec" and has top tint plus what looks like an antenna - two horizontal wires across the screen.
Obviously it's aftermarket but does that matter on something that is expensive iand in this case wasn't covered by insurance?

RLS is nice to have but not fool-proof. Sometimes I find I'm putting the lights and wipers on manually.