Anyone change DSG oil themselves?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Drewcole
100BHP+

Anyone change DSG oil themselves?

Post by Drewcole »

Having got a few quotes, which amount to me basically walking in naked to a workshop and being taken for a rough old ride....

I started to look at doing it myself, there are a few videos online of the process which doesn't really look that tricky.

Need a few specific bits including the filling funnel and bung, but can't see any real reason why not to give it a go...... other than of course the total destruction of the box and ability to change gear... !?

Has or does anyone do this themselves?
Papa Bear
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Anyone change DSG oil themselves?

Post by Papa Bear »

If your oil bottle has a tube on it, you can just use a tube that that fits in rather than a funnel. The oil is not too hard to change just make sure you don’t drain the Mechatronic box as that is not so easy to refill and uses hydraulic oil
Caddy Maxi Life 1.6TDI 7 speed DSG 102bhp
Black

Marmite lover!!!
VCDS
Drewcole
100BHP+

Post by Drewcole »

Ah okay, the video I watched was filled from underneath, although it was a golf. So they use a funnel from the engine bay with tubing.

I'm not worried about giving it a go, just want to know it isn't impossible on a driveway.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Depends with DSG box you've got.
DQ200 (fitted to small engines like 1.6TDI) has two oils in different compartments.
DQ250 (fitted to larger power engines) has one oil, filled from the bottom.

Neither are a big job if you have the correct tools. The oil is more expensive than the labor to change it out.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Drewcole
100BHP+

Post by Drewcole »

Mines the 1.9 bls so fairly sure that's a bottom fill.

Found the tools to.buy and can get oil trade from TPS so shall look at that fir prices.

Thanks Doc.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Last edited by Doc on Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post
sgtdazza
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by sgtdazza »

TPS supply the kit to do this
Drewcole
100BHP+

Post by Drewcole »

Have booked it into a local garage (VWAudiTech in Chelmsford) who I've used loads in the past, they were £100 cheaper that other garages.

Something they do often so it is a straight forward job for them plu shaving the VCDS kit needed once it is changed, others garages might not so charge more for that to be brought in.