Removable seats

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
kyle4826
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Removable seats

Post by kyle4826 »

So I have a 2014 caddy maxi, and I want to use it as a camper when needed but mainly a works van.

Setting it up for work is not a problem and removing the contents will be fine.

However it's sticking a row of seats in the back. I want something that's quick and easy to remove where the seat belts are incorporated into the seats like the Vito's and preferably come out as quick as the Vito's.

Does any one know of where I could buy a kit or have any recommendations? I am located in Rochdale.

Thanks

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Drewcole
100BHP+

Re: Removable seats

Post by Drewcole »

You could in theory instal something like the Vito seats into the van if you have access underneath to drill and install the fixings.

This does through up questions as to the suitability of the floor for fixing, will it need to be strengthened?

Also, should you go for something like the Vito set up, the fixing points will need to be to spec (which they would anyway), plus if there are belts attached to the seats themselves.

The best bet really would be to stick with the maxi rear bench seats which should be a Lego install once you have all the bits, then deal with them being able to flip forward into the footwells, safest option.
Jono1
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Removable seats

Post by Jono1 »

Touran rear seats come out easy and they are 3 separate seats so aren’t too heavy once unclipped. They are easy enough to install.

The seatbelts aren’t incorporated in the seat though.