Am I seeing this right?!

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Jezzaroo
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Am I seeing this right?!

Post by Jezzaroo »

On the hunt for a spare injector as I’ve got a suspect one. Am I seeing this right? They want over a grand for a ‘reconditioned’ unit!!

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Am I seeing this right?!

Post by Doc »

It's very typical for companies to adjust the price to something ludicrous rather than remove a product which is out of stock.
I'm sure, if you did buy one at that price, they'd very quickly find the stock to fulfill your order.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Jezzaroo
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Jezzaroo »

Yeah, I hate that practice. It’s really common when hunting down parts for discontinued servers/PC.

I swear it’s going to be cheaper to do an engine swap over keeping the 1.6 in good shape!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I was offered a complete 2.0TDI common rail engine recently for not much more than two full price 1.6TDI injectors from VW.
There will be a good market in swapping out the troublesome 1.6TDIs.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort