Caddy mk3 lowering questions

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
tmy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Caddy mk3 lowering questions

Post by tmy »

Hey guys

Since i couldnt post in the suspension section yet ill just do it here.

I got some questions regarding lowering kits for caddy mk3 (2012 fwd short version)

Im looking to buy something that lowers anwhere between 55mm and 65mm, and i dont want to sacrifice too much comfort. I got a doggo in the cargo area and i want him to survive when we drive. The kit has to be TUV approved.
I would much rather have springs in front and just leaf spring adjustment in the back instead of coilovers or a whole kit with shocks and everything.

Any suggestions? If anyone got a used kit lying around i would be interested in that too.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Caddy mk3 lowering questions

Post by Doc »

Have a look at Eibach, they do a lowering kit for approximately -60mm on your caddy, comes with front springs and rear axle relocation kit.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Be aware that just changing springs on the front sets your ride height, no adjustment.
Putting adjustable coil overs on the front will let you alter ride height.
The rears are lowered by putting the axle on top of the axle and having an adjustable rear spring hanger but you will need to change the shocks as the standard ones become to long.

For around the £300 ish mark you can get a full set from stance which isn't that bad, I don't know about your tuv approval on those sets but someone with one might help out.
Secondhand sets of other brands also come up in the forsale section from time to time.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
tmy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by tmy »

Thanks for input.

Hmm yea i've been looking into that solution thats used in the rear. I didnt know you had to change shocks too.
I had a look at Eibach's site and i couldnt find anything that suited me. So im checking out stance aswell.
I got my eyes on some brand named Vogtland too, those are tuv approved coilovers but i've been told that they are pretty soft.

So how does this work if you buy a set like this. Does some of these require you to remove the leaf springs?
Or are they all based on changing the position from above the axle to under?

https://www.billige-senkesett.no/shop/v ... 0457p.html

Just use google translate on the site.
DW2207
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by DW2207 »

I'm going down the eibach 60mm front springs and darkside rear flip.kit fir the rear in my mk3 caddy.
I want to retain factory shocks and this setup according to darkside and wolfsburg allows you to keep your stock factory front and rear shocks. They only advise to replace if worn out.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

I'm not sure tmy, the only kits I know of that removes the rear leaf springs are air suspension ones.

As far as I know, as soon as the axle goes on top of the leaf spring the rear shocks become too long but maybe on their highest setting standard ones do still work.

The eibachs do tend to be the go to for people just changing the front springs as doc recommended or do you mean the ride height isn't what you're after?
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
Gazear
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Gazear »

Just a word I’ve fitted pro sport on my A3 after having the stance+ seize up on me and they’re so much better maybe worth a look as I’ve bought a kit for the caddy but not fitted them yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 LWB 1.6 101 blue. Not a BG van.
tmy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by tmy »

DW2207 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:42 am I'm going down the eibach 60mm front springs and darkside rear flip.kit fir the rear in my mk3 caddy.
I want to retain factory shocks and this setup according to darkside and wolfsburg allows you to keep your stock factory front and rear shocks. They only advise to replace if worn out.

Am i getting this combo tuv approved? Because every second year the car has go to thru a verification to be allowed to drive on norwegian roads. If the setup is not tuv approved i'll have to change this up to stock every 2nd year, and i really dont want to bother with that. Going to be a lot of money in wheel alignments.

Where can i find 60mm eibach and the darkside flip kit? I couldnt find anything but 45mm from eibach. Maybe im just bad at this.

Or if anything else i just need help to find something that lowers the whole car 55-60mm.
I dont want to place an order, wait 3 weeks for it to arrive, and realise after installing parts that im missing something.. Im so confused with all this stuff with the leafs springs. I understand that theres a kit to flip it from top to bottom of the axle, but now theres also the part about possibly needing shorter shocks aswell :shock:
DW2207
Hyper Poster

Post by DW2207 »

Darkside developments website lists this kit.
Be aware there is a back order of a few weeks on their rear flip kits mate.
I'm sure the springs are tuv approved not sure on the rear flip kit. You will need to email darkside on this.
I'm uk based so don't have all this mucking about some of you chaps have to go through around the globe.
You don't need shorter shocks if fitting the eibach springs and rear flip kit

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

The Darkside rear kit is definitely not Tüv approved, their website says it's for off road use only.
Eibach do a full kit for front and rear, no need to mix and match.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
DW2207
Hyper Poster

Post by DW2207 »

Thanks for clearing that up doc.
I opted for the darkside kit as it comes complete with centralising plates and the hangers tuck up nicely behind the bumper something my stance kit didn't have or do on my previous van.

tmy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by tmy »

I found TA Technix coiloverkit with the same solution as darkside for rear.. WITH tuv approvement.
Anyone running TA Technix here? I heard they are pretty stiff. In that case they are out of the question for me.

Where can i find this eibach kit that people are talking about?
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

tmy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by tmy »

So i decided to go with the 45mm eibach pro lowering kit that has leaf swap plates for the back. Now do i need an axle relocation kit aswell or am i fine without that? Been trying to reasearch about this and all i could find is that some ppl needs it and others dont.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

You're thinking about the centralising plates.
90% of installations done need them and I doubt very much you will with such a subtle drop.