TPMS sensors

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Rob_Delta
Caddy2k Groupie

TPMS sensors

Post by Rob_Delta »

HI all

Looking at purchasing some new rims. I have a 19 reg maxi 150 dsg. I take it has tpms sensor, if so what ones do i need to order, i would rather not take them out of the old rims.

Cheers
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: TPMS sensors

Post by Doc »

It's probably best to speak to VW parts about ordering a set the same as is on your caddy. There's different frequencies and specs so just stick to what you know works.
It'll cost you more in the long run if you get the wrong one and have to change them.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Rob_Delta
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Rob_Delta »

Sound like a plan. Thanks
Last edited by dan@biali on Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote
petrev
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by petrev »

My 18 reg has TPMS, but no sensors. It is all done by the wheel speed sensors and ASR/ABS type stuff ?!?! Apparently.
:shock:
anoneamus
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by anoneamus »

petrev wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:01 pm My 18 reg has TPMS, but no sensors. It is all done by the wheel speed sensors and ASR/ABS type stuff ?!?! Apparently.
:shock:
This is "virtual TPMS" or TPMS2. It's not as good as real TPMS (it can't actually measure pressure), but works pretty well (it's caught air leaks for me).
Rob_Delta
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Rob_Delta »

Oh Ok, So possibly no physical sensor. How would one find out?, other than to remove a tyre.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Do you have tyre pressure menu with live readings on your instrument cluster?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
anoneamus
Hyper Poster

Post by anoneamus »

Rob_Delta wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:58 pm I take it has tpms sensor
Why? AFAIK, no Caddy comes from factory with TPMS sensors. They can be retrofitted or virtual TPMS can be coded in (assuming compatible ABS hardware).
Rob_Delta
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Rob_Delta »

The reason for asking is, i thought all vehicle after 2014 had to use tpms and not abs and wheel speed sensors. I want to change the wheels and was worried i would get a fault. On the display i have the options under tyre monitor to store the pressure. (not as a value just that all pressure are correct).
If my caddy used abs/wheel speed sensor then all is good.
Last edited by Giddy on Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote of previous post
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

If you're saving pressures by setting them and then having the vehicle learn it, you've got the indirect TPMS with uses wheel speed sensors to determine diameter and therefore pressure loss.
The system with sensors in the wheels will give you a live pressure readout per corner.

anoneamus
Hyper Poster

Post by anoneamus »

Rob_Delta wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:11 pm If my caddy used abs/wheel speed sensor then all is good.
It does. As far as I can tell, the Caddy would use wireless TPMS valves on regular rims, so even if you did have real TPMS, all you would do is swap the valves around to the new wheels.