Rear crash bar on maxi 2011 (need changing)

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Dislexicdonkey
200BHP+

Rear crash bar on maxi 2011 (need changing)

Post by Dislexicdonkey »

Hi sorry if this is actually listed elsewhere, multiple searches done but not getting the answer.

I’m going to facelift the back of my van from 2011-2015+.

My concern is that when looking for a maxi rear bumper I’ve come across a company saying to fit the late spec rear bumper I will need to replace my rear crash bar/impact bar to a later spec too.

Just trying to find out if this is the case?

I’m going from 2011 textured black to a primer version of the 2015+.

Any help or just if anyone has the link would be most appreciated

Thankyou
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Re: Rear crash bar on maxi 2011 (need changing)

Post by dan@biali »

The crash bars have similar part numbers (old one has G on the end, new one doesn't have any letters at the end) but I believe the bumpers fit either version. The bits that the bumper clip into on the sides is different but I vaguely remember that they still fit on (hoping someone jumps in and confirms all this!) but it would be worth putting the new brackets on for the sake of £10 per side.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

If I remember correctly, the Caddy4 rear crash bar is different to older, as are the rear parking sensors and park assist control module.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Dislexicdonkey
200BHP+

Post by Dislexicdonkey »

Thanks guys, my std bumper only has the sensors that British Gas fit, and they won’t be reused.

I did get a quote on a full retrofit kit from TPS a long time ago but never bought it. So will probably buy an aftermarket kit that will fit nearly as good as OEM.

My only worry is I buy the bumper and the lower part of the bumper either (a) fouling the rear crash bar or (b) me going to fit sensors and then they become the problem by fouling the crash bar.

I like things as OEM as I can afford and way to old to be messing around looking at a I’ll fitting bumper that flaps around 😂
Dislexicdonkey
200BHP+

Post by Dislexicdonkey »

Anyone know if the facelift crash bar is needed? I’m going to order the bumper next week so if no one knows I’ll end up finding out loli
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

If you are going to fit parking sensors in a Caddy4 rear bumper, the caddy 4 rear crash bar is a must.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Dislexicdonkey
200BHP+

Post by Dislexicdonkey »

Thanks doc!