Front end conversion

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
wedghill83
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Front end conversion

Post by wedghill83 »

Would it be possible to swap my touran v2 front end conversion to a golf r front end? 2005 caddy

TiaImageImage

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Re: Front end conversion

Post by dan@biali »

You can't swap any of the parts from the Golf. You can have a custom bumper made which is likely what you've seen (not 100% if thats whats on the photo you link to) where the top half is Caddy and the bottom half of a Golf bumper is plastic welded and smoothed to it.

You can upgrade your front end to 2011> but thats headlights, bonnet, wings, and some additional end pieces to the inner structure. Upgrading to 2015> is also possible but thats a bit more involved as the wings have a small crease line in them that goes into the doors and the little pieces of glass at the top of the wings have a different shape so need changing as well.
wedghill83
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by wedghill83 »

Ohh okay. So if i change to a 2011 front end then get a custom bumper made up. Ill have a look into that now.

Thank you for the reply

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Dislexicdonkey
200BHP+

Post by Dislexicdonkey »

What about converting a 2011 maxi to 2015+ spec? Anyone know how much needs replacing to do that?

Getting a golf r bumper later, and working in a Bodyshop it’s a lot easier for me to do this sort of thing. Obviously I’d need the headlamps bumper wings grill. Do we know if the front panel would need replacing?
anoneamus
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by anoneamus »

Front end: Front bumper, lights (all), bonnet, front wings, indicator repeaters, front doors, tiny "quarter" glass in dash.

Interior: Dashboard, front door cards, seats, steering wheel.

Rear end: Rear bumper, lights
Rear end (tailgate) : Tailgate, glass

I highly doubt that it would be worth the money, but only you can decide that. This would be the same for older (pre 2010) models, except there you would also need to extend chassis rails and do whatever else needs to be done to upgrade to "face lift". Older models don't and can't have BCM, so there may be a limit to electrical parts that can be retrofitted (although the same issues would exist for "face lift" upgrade).
Last edited by Giddy on Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote
Kaigerard
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Kaigerard »

Hello, I should have my 2014 maxi returned to me Friday after completing front end conversion.
It has cost me more time and money than I thought it would.

Once I get it back I will post some before and after photos and try and give a detailed list of parts I purchased and any problems that arose.
Dislexicdonkey
200BHP+

Post by Dislexicdonkey »

@anoneamus
Sorry dude I only meant the front end. Good list though. I assume changing headlamps plugs would need replacing and lights coding?
Last edited by Giddy on Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote
anoneamus
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by anoneamus »

No idea, sorry. It's not something I would ever consider doing (personally, I don't like the 2015+ front end).