2007 caddy rear axel

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Bigcheese
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

2007 caddy rear axel

Post by Bigcheese »

Hi there I’m new here and am after abit of help and advice I have a 2007 Vw caddy I have had it for around a year now and have recently found out that some body really bodged the rear axel when lowering it so I now need another rear axel I have hear that most axels from a caddy will fit but I just really wanted to confirm this is true before I buy one any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks lee
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: 2007 caddy rear axel

Post by Doc »

Not all axles are the same.
The SWB van had 3 versions, the maxi I believe had the same.
There are different widths, shapes and hub fixings.

You can fit a different one and make it work without any modifications. That said, you may run into problems if you've got big wheels or run really low if you end up fitting a different axle.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Bigcheese
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Bigcheese »

I have 18” Audi rotor alloy wheels on it at the moment so I’m hoping what ever axel I got they still fit on properly with out rubbing any idea where I can get the model number for the axel I have so I can try and match it plz
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

The easiest and most accurate way is to contact a VW commercial parts dept. They will use your chassis number to confirm exactly what should be fitted to your Caddy.