A/C for the rear

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
DJOHALL
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

A/C for the rear

Post by DJOHALL »

Has anyone piped cool a/c are into the rear of their van with any success?

I am looking for a solution to keep my dogs nice and cool on the summer beach trips. I have a fully sealed bulkhead and don't want to take it out permanently for security when I have the van full of tools or bikes.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: A/C for the rear

Post by Doc »

I've ducted the centre console air feed to the load space via the driver's side.
I used two 25mm tubes into an adaptor and fitted a webasto ball type vent on the side panel.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Jono1
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Jono1 »

Interested in this. I was looking at 12v fans for the dogs in the back but would much rather re route the AC.
DJOHALL
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by DJOHALL »

@Doc where did you connect the 2 25mm pipes to in the drivers compartment?

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

I cut them into the bend in the duct below the handbrake. Came out where the centre console cup holder would be if I didn't have a bulkhead.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Jono1
200BHP+

Post by Jono1 »

Is there a route you can take with the pipes when you have rear seats fitted?

Also what pipe do you need to use?

Cheers.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

If you have rear seats you'll have the floor ducts and also the one in the back of the arm rest if you have one.

chunk22393
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by chunk22393 »

I find the flow for the aircon quite lacking or the rear in my caddy maxi life, with your installation of pipes do you have to put the circulation on a particular setting to get the air flow usable?

Thanks 😊