Mk3 pre facelift to mk4 ?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Mulqueen96
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Mk3 pre facelift to mk4 ?

Post by Mulqueen96 »

Iv been looking at facelifting my van but I started to wonder if it was possible to do the mk4 front end anyone done it can’t seem to find a lot on front end conversions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Re: Mk3 pre facelift to mk4 ?

Post by Scoobysrt »

This may help https://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11641
Very extensive mod, there is quite a bit of info if you search site for it.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
Mulqueen96
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mulqueen96 »

That was my original plan now I’m thinking 2016 onwards if possible

dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

It is possible but more parts than a >2016 facelift on top of the usual bits like the chassis end plates (believe they only changed between pre and facelift and the 2016 on uses the same part). You would need bumper, bonnet, front wings, headlights, the 2 small windows and 2 doors - there's a swage line that goes from the wings into the doors and the small windows have a very slightly different shape (you can get away without doing the doors but it would bug me!). Then you will potentially need to modify the door cards to fit (I can't remember exactly what was changed but winst did the upgrade to his) plus coding for the headlights and maybe even repinning modules (again, I can't remember exactly what was done!).
Mulqueen96
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mulqueen96 »

A lot more work by the sounds of it recommend anyone to take it on for me if I was to supply everything needed ?

dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

Depends where you are and your budget. My only experience with bodywork is using a company called Reflex Auto Design in Daventry and its who I would recommend. They have done many Caddys over the years so know their way round them.
Mulqueen96
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mulqueen96 »

I’m Coventry myself so I may pop and see them Daventry isn’t too far

Winst
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by Winst »

As Dan says it’s quite a bit of work doing the 2016> conversion but worth it IMO, the door cards are a bit of a pain, the bolt holes for the grab handle are in a different location, as are the push clips, and also the handle cable has to be extended slightly, you’ll also need the slam panel, tbh when I did mine it was very difficult finding parts due to the caddy 4 only being out a couple of years, I would think parts would be more readily available now
2011 2.0tdi Full 2018 front and rear ends fitted, airlift 3P suspension, 20" alloys, modified Porsche calipers front and rear with R8 handbrake caliper, Audi RS4 wingbacks, covered in nappa leather and alcantara, Touran dash, door cards, centre console all trimmed in leather and alcantara, MFSW, 3D cluster, Rockford fosgate and focal sounds with MIB2, bi xenons, full alltrack kit fitted, etc etc:D
Instagram @2kwayne