Problems after Caddy turbo repair

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
yakuperdgdu
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Problems after Caddy turbo repair

Post by yakuperdgdu »

Hello everyone, I need help with something.

My car is 2015 model Caddy 2.0 tdi 140 hp, 1 month ago, when driving at 120 km speed, the turbo cut off with power loss and blue smoke. Because a master in Eskişehir cut the turbo shaft, he sent the turbo to Ankara for repair (3000 TL turbo repair). After the turbo repair, I took delivery of my vehicle. Then, 4 days later, the car shrugged while overtaking, and then when I hit the gas in the exhaust, it started to sound like an air leak. When I examined it myself, after opening the air filter, I came across the image <1st picture> in the picture below <*>. Anyway, I solved this situation myself. However, after 1 week, in the morning when the car is cold, 1.-2. While accelerating in gear, the car was shrugging at 1900 and 2200 rpm. But it doesn't do it when it's hot. I went to the same master, but after waiting the car for 5 hours, he tested it; There was no problem as you guessed. He connected it to the device, looked at it, said there is no problem, and sent it. A week later I was wondering myself, I went under the car and looked and noticed that oil was leaking from the bottom of the turbo (bottom of the lubrication pipe <2nd picture >) <*>. I took it to the same master again and they changed the gasket of the lubrication pipe under the turbo. The apprentice replacing the gasket; It was the friend who installed the turbo and put something like a black liquid gasket on the gasket <*> (I later learned that such a liquid gasket should never be applied to that gasket.) Anyway, they said ok, I came. When I looked again 4 days later, the oil leak was still continuing, this time I went to another master. First they cleaned all the oil, they started the vehicle and they determined that the leak was due to the turbo lubrication upper inlet not being fully tightened <*>. After they did, the vehicle started for 15 minutes and I came and they said there was no leak. But I'm using my vehicle in the morning with fear. However, when I tested my vehicle, which I stopped at 08:00 yesterday, at 12:00 in the afternoon, it shook again. I would also like to say that 1.2.3.4. I am not satisfied with my vehicle at low revs in gears.

If we do a little brainstorming:- Now, the reason why it does this when the vehicle is cold may be a mistake in the repair of the Turbo that was repaired, it is doing its duty incompletely until the turbo warms up.
- Made in turbo assembly; for reasons such as incomplete cleaning, faulty assembly; when the vehicle is cold and in low gears; may experience problems in meeting their needs such as more fuel, more air.

-This situation is not related to turbo repair and assembly, but due to other reasons; clutch, fuel pump, injectors. such as maf - oxygen sensor failures. (I look at my vehicle with a vagcom cable, there is no error code. The master had already checked it with his own devices.)

-I say wait, when the weather starts to get cold, if there is a problem, it will grow and give a warning or the master will notice it easily. Or change the standby turbo to a good master with zero.

-Is it possible after turbo repair (such repair or adjustment errors)?

-Can it damage other systems while waiting for the failure to grow?

<*> Your master's ingenuity. Now, due to the negligence of this friend in matters such as adequate cleaning and assembly; What if I go to another master and have them checked what should be done and where they need to be checked during a repair
Last edited by yakuperdgdu on Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yakuperdgdu
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Problems after Caddy turbo repair

Post by yakuperdgdu »

Egzoz ısı sensorünün biri çalışmıyor gibi?
Andrejm
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Andrejm »

If turbo fins not hitting walls you are good, no wishtle and squiqing sound from engine? Seems to be air mixature fault, check all pipes joints, intercooler and sensors. Its mandatory to change all turbo bolts and gaskets, they tend to do mess if you reuse him, and all bolts to specific torque setting
yakuperdgdu
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by yakuperdgdu »

First of all, thank you for your message. I agree with your opinion that there is a problem with the air mixture. In addition, instant fuel consumption in the trip computer of my vehicle; it would be 0.5lt/h before repair. After the repair it became 0.4lt / h. Today, I stopped while the car was hot, it keeps changing between 0.4 lt / h and 0.3 / lt / h. While it is 0.3lt/h, it seems as if it is running slightly jerky.
Andrejm
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Andrejm »

You say blue smoke from exhaust, this mean that oil end in exhaust but shaft go also on intake side, there are few sensors and if is in oil cant work right, also egr and dpf is in that way, all need good cleaning.
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Sounds like blown turbo to me.
Take the pipe off the turbo outlet and see if there's oil in it.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro