Clicking noise behind dash

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
PeteS
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Clicking noise behind dash

Post by PeteS »

Hi all,
Hopefully this will be a quick fix
When I turn on ignition or turn on fans, I get a clicking noise behind fan control/dash for about 10 secs, any ideas lads ?
Pete
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Clicking noise behind dash

Post by Doc »

Which generation of Caddy do you have?
2004-2010
2010-2015
2015-2020
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
PeteS
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by PeteS »

Ah yes sorry Doc, 2016 mk4 2.0
I would post a video but I’m rubbish with computers :D
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Does your ventilation control work as it should?
Moves to the correct outlets? Heats and cools?

Sounds like a servo has come off or lost its position calibration.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
PeteS
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by PeteS »

Fan speeds and air con all work ok, cool works fine but don’t know about heat, it also happens first thing when ignition is switched on but fans are off.
Will do a search on here for servo issues, thanks Doc
Mickthebell
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Mickthebell »

May be recirculation flap, have a look on youtube
BowCaddy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by BowCaddy »

It’s probably most likely the recirculation flap motor as above. They break open and cause the noise mentioned. See if you can have a look from under the dash in the passengers footwell you may be able to see most of the control motors you have a distribution motor a temperature motor and the recirculation motor. If you can get someone to operate the control whilst you look it may help you pinpoint the location of the noise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Sabbunsingh »

My 2016 did this. Stupid recirculation flap motor. I managed to get my hand up and disconnected it as its was annoying. Not had a heating or ac issue and it's on the list of silly things to fix. Seems like a right pain on the arse to do.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

V2 front. Mk5 mirrors. Cupra splitter. 8000k Hid. Led side lights and drl. Lowered on mk5 coils and custom shackles. Touran carpet,door cards,plastics,glovebox and seat bases. New caddy steering wheel. Midline cluster. Cruise. Heated mk5 gttdi seats wired and working. Alpine screen. 140 remap. Lots of other little bits.........
Philt32
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Philt32 »

Read this thread a couple of days ago and low and behold….mines started making the same noise today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Muddymoto
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Muddymoto »

Does anybody know the part no as Mine is toast now
Plumber
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Plumber »

I have the same problem

Servo motor air recirculation flap

1K0907511Q Older

5Q0907511H Newer

Mine is a valeo brand motor and brought the replacement from autodoc, 40-50£. Its not an easy job and is on the to do list
Caddy-Chris
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by Caddy-Chris »

I have a 2018 reg Caddy maxi life with this issue. Just spent an hour upside down balanced on me head and shoulders with my arms up the back of the footwell and found the flap motor right at the top of the blower housing. What a pig to get to!

After faffing around I got the flap motor thing detached but no amount of wiggling it would get the thing out of the dashboard prison.

It looks like a total lower dashboard removal to get to the damn thing. Has anyone done this themselves or know how much it cost for a garage to do it for you? I have panel tools but could do with a guide or something.

Thanks!
Caddy-Chris
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by Caddy-Chris »

So I got the faulty motor out today without stripping the entire dash. I just did a bit of cutting through the plastic panel behind the glove box. New motor ordered. It was still a fiddley arse to get the thing out but I'm glad I didn't have to spend a small fortune in VW labour for such a trivial repair.

I learned along the way that most parts sites call the motor a "blending flap" motor or servo.

It's so nice to have the thing unplugged so I don't have to hear that clicking every time I turn the key!
bigblackbetty
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by bigblackbetty »

my 2016 just started making this noise as well, clearly recirc as reverse, washers and on off cause it. having zero access behind the glovebox I asked VW about it and they say replacement involves whole dash removal, 8 hour job. ill chop my dash thanks!!
anoneamus
Hyper Poster

Post by anoneamus »

I was unlucky to have this, but fortunate enough to have invested in extended warranty from the dealer (have had car since new). They covered it. :D