Caddy won't start

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
DaveR1974
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Caddy won't start

Post by DaveR1974 »

Hi all, I'm new here and I'll tell you now that I'm not a mechanic so go easy on me! :-)

My battery went flat so I took it out and recharged it. When I put it back in, all of the lights came on (driving lights, main beam, indicators, reversing lights, fog lights and internal light) and the horn was blaring. They weren't flashing, they are just on constantly. When I disable the horn by pulling the fuse (to save my ears and that of my neighbours) all I can hear is a loud whirring noise from somewhere inside the engine bay.

The key doesn't work, there are no lights on the dashboard, it won't start - all that happens is the lights and the horn comes on. Has anybody got any ideas what might cause this and what I can do to fix it?

It's a 2011 1.6 TDi with an astronomical mileage of 310,000K!

Thanks for any advice you can offer....
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Caddy won't start

Post by Doc »

Sounds very much like a failed body control module.
Shouldn't be expensive to buy a used one but it will need coding.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
DaveR1974
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by DaveR1974 »

Thank you - is this something that can be tested, other than by swapping out for a replacement part?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

You could probably bypass all the necessary connections but trying a replacement will be much more worthwhile.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
DaveR1974
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by DaveR1974 »

OK thanks - I'll give it a go if I can find a YouTube video showing me where it is! :-) Thanks for your help!
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by the swan fiend »

The body control module is behind the fuse box. It will have 3 large plugs connected to it, brown, white and black.
As for removing it, I’m not sure as I’ve never done it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me