caddy 2k rear bumper change

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Caddy-man
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

caddy 2k rear bumper change

Post by Caddy-man »

lads i have seen different threads on this and I am looking a simple answer to this question,I have a 2015 short wheel base 2k caddy van with normal bumper with 4 sensors in it and i want to change this bumper to a newer type, what all do I need to do to change.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: caddy 2k rear bumper change

Post by Doc »

Welcome to the forum.
The Caddy4 uses a different crash bar and mounting brackets so there's more than just the bumper plastics required to do the job correctly. The Caddy4 bumper also uses different size sensors so those are required also.
Parts needed:
1. Bumper with sensors & wiring.
2. Crash bar
3. Side mounting brackets
4. Plastic rivets for brackets (x12)

If you're buying these used, all parts should be available from the same donor vehicle. The rivets are not at all expensive from VW.

There are of course short cuts you can take and just not bother with the brackets or cut out the original crash bar to suit but that's a separate discussion.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort