New to the Forum and yep even an issue hope you can help

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Killomiter
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

New to the Forum and yep even an issue hope you can help

Post by Killomiter »

Hi Name is Andy - we own a 21 1.6 Caddy - been using this forum by lurking to understand better my vehicle. We now have an issue that has not been completely covered on here and I am betting someone has got the answer or good steerage. ...

I change an injector the other day and apart form tinkering all went well. My first job after diagnosing was to try to free up my bonnet catch by doing a bit of de-greasing and then lubing the latch on the main body. All good then.

I am not able to code the injector bias in but cleared the codes and runs albeit a bit rough at the moment.

Now another issue that might be related to either of the two jobs. The central locking is now gone west. It is the sliding rear and rear barn doors no noise no lock. I did remove fuses to check if working. I cannot use the key to lock the rear as the cylinder operates but does not lock the door.

The only thing I have done towards correcting is to remove the battery negative for 30 mins or so to clear locking confusion. The red light in the drivers door shows a malfunction by rapid flash and the solid. Manual drivers lock does the same thing. The rear interior behaves as one would expect.

Can anyone of you great people point to any other check as I feel sure it is something to do with what I have tinkered with?

Many thanks for you thoughts in anticipation

Cheers

Andy
Killomiter
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Re: New to the Forum and yep even an issue hope you can help

Post by Killomiter »

UPDATE

Had the local garage diag. - it showed an open circuit on the central locking to the rear can anyone give me a pecking order of what to check or most likely suspects of wire breaks?

Does the rear central locking work from the side door etc?

Cheers

Andy