Intermittent Warning lights

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Ripley55
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Intermittent Warning lights

Post by Ripley55 »

Hi Chaps
I have an intermittent bunch of warning lights keep coming up, only happens when I go over a level crossing, potholed/uneven road, speed bump if a tad to quickly ?
I get yellow power steering wheel light on left of cluster, and I get ABS, Traction and Tyre pressure on the right along with the audible alarm. I drive a few hundred yards, and all lights just go out, and a few seconds later the steering wheel light goes out 🤔 it’s due for annual service at the Stealer next month, and didn’t want them to take my pants down 😱 when it goes in ?
Any ideas chaps ? Faulty module ? Anyone had this before ? Appreciate any advice 👍
Chestnut Brown Caddy MK4 Maxi Life 2.0Tdi 150bhp , 18” Matt Bronze OZ Ultraleggera’s 8Jx18 ET45 on Bridgestone 225/40/18’s
Giddy
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Re: Intermittent Warning lights

Post by Giddy »

If something is failing or poor contact, you should be able to see an intermittent fault with VCDS, may give a clue what's happening.
Pop over to your mates garage for a scan.
Caddy 4, Highline, 1.4 TSI
Instagram: @giddywagen
Build thread >>> here <<<
Aroo
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by Aroo »

Ripley55 wrote:Hi Chaps
I have an intermittent bunch of warning lights keep coming up, only happens when I go over a level crossing, potholed/uneven road, speed bump if a tad to quickly ?
I get yellow power steering wheel light on left of cluster, and I get ABS, Traction and Tyre pressure on the right along with the audible alarm. I drive a few hundred yards, and all lights just go out, and a few seconds later the steering wheel light goes out Image it’s due for annual service at the Stealer next month, and didn’t want them to take my pants down Image when it goes in ?
Any ideas chaps ? Faulty module ? Anyone had this before ? Appreciate any advice Image
Sorry to resurrect this old thread here but did you get to the bottom of it? Mine recently started doing this right after I’d disconnected the battery but I’ve triple checked all the connections and everything is fine on that front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ripley55
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Ripley55 »

Hi @Aroo
Yes mate, eventually It turned out to be a relatively easy fix, it was drivers side rear ABS sensor wire. It looks like when I was running on 19's the wire/cable had suffered some rubbing. The Main Stealer tried to have my pants down, have a look at the thread from when it went in, for a Health Check !! :evil:

https://www.forum.caddy2k.com/viewtopic ... 57#p414457
Chestnut Brown Caddy MK4 Maxi Life 2.0Tdi 150bhp , 18” Matt Bronze OZ Ultraleggera’s 8Jx18 ET45 on Bridgestone 225/40/18’s
Aroo
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Aroo »

Ripley55 wrote:Hi @Aroo
Yes mate, eventually It turned out to be a relatively easy fix, it was drivers side rear ABS sensor wire. It looks like when I was running on 19's the wire/cable had suffered some rubbing. The Main Stealer tried to have my pants down, have a look at the thread from when it went in, for a Health Check !! :evil:

https://www.forum.caddy2k.com/viewtopic ... 57#p414457
Nice mate thanks for the reply will have a good look over it once it comes back from getting its clutch replaced 🫣

Aroo
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Aroo »

Thanks for the help mate,
turns out the ABS sensor on the rear wheel is cracked looked like someone had been at it before and broke it maybe doing something else.

lsm
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by lsm »

I was gonna suggest a abs sensor, had 3 out of the 4 on mine replaced. seems only a matter of time before the last one needs replacing :D