Dub Unit review?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Towner11
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Dub Unit review?

Post by Towner11 »

Seen dub unit recommended, but wondered on here if anyone has first hand experience with them? Synchros are on the way out in 2nd so after advice and prices. Thanks all
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Dub Unit review?

Post by Doc »

I genuinely believe you won't find anyone with more knowledge and experience on these Caddys.
I spend a lot of time with Matt at DubUnit and can vouch for him 100%. There are lots of forum members who have been there, remaps, servicing, repairs, lowering, modifications, he's got you covered.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

If you read the recommendations you will find most of them are first hand experience.
I enjoyed my visit and the remap went flawlessly, I wouldn't hesitate in going again. Matt is easy to get along with and knows his stuff.
While your there grab yourself some of Sam's detailing products as well, particularly the ceramic boost and iron reactor.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
Towner11
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Towner11 »

brilliant. thank you.
hef355
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by hef355 »

Ive also had the privilege of meeting Matt at dub unit! Matt is a real gent, a really nice down to earth trustworthy guy who runs a top tight ship! It’s a yes from me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DeanWhit
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by DeanWhit »

I went for a remap and couldn't speak highly enough of Matt and his knowledge on these vans. Nice bloke and free cups of tea... 😁
PaulC61
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by PaulC61 »

I drove 4 hours to Dub Unit for my remap and 4 enjoyable hours home after it. Matt is a really nice, down to earth guy. If Dub Unit was closer I would have my Caddy serviced there as well.
My Pure Grey Maxi Kombi Build viewtopic.php?f=13&t=32111
Jono1
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Jono1 »

Does he do MOT’s ?

It’s a bit of a trek for me but if he does I’d consider taking it for mot service and a good once over. Would rather go to somewhere I can trust.

Everywhere near me seems a bit hit and miss at the moment
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

No, DubUnit don't do MOTs.
I'm sure Matt will do a checkup pre MOT but as he has no MOT test equipment can't guarantee a pass.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort