RNS 315 running sd maps

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
cactusgreen
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

RNS 315 running sd maps

Post by cactusgreen »

Keep getting a message that it's checking data and the sd map unloads dropping back to an older version, then asks to use the sd map again and reloads. Be OK if it didn't take about 20 mins each time..

Is that normal behaviour or part of the ongoing issue with map updates on the 315? I'm not sure I want to install if it then kills the unit, hence tried out direct sd first. This is VW directly supplied at there cost nit a hacked copy.

Rear ended and killed :cry: 1.9 TDi DSG indian blue wrapped in slightly darker blue lol, now replaced with a new Highline 1.6 TDi DSG bit naked without the logos yet - rather fun but not quite my Audi S4, but makes me smile as much as my 2.6e 80 Cabriolet!!
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Re: RNS 315 running sd maps

Post by Scoobysrt »

Is it still under warranty?
Is there a map on the unit from factory or are there 2 map updates on your sd card?
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
cactusgreen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by cactusgreen »

Original that came from new on the unit...so v7. I didn't want to blind load it over it, as I have no media to revert back to and vw can't get one. They paid for this "new" v12 that they said is error free as I'd been waiting since 2016 for one!! but I'm wondering if it really is.. I had pushed the dealer about loading it and them covering if it went belly up, but finding 2+ hours to sit about didn't appeal at the time and was told they run from sd...
Rear ended and killed :cry: 1.9 TDi DSG indian blue wrapped in slightly darker blue lol, now replaced with a new Highline 1.6 TDi DSG bit naked without the logos yet - rather fun but not quite my Audi S4, but makes me smile as much as my 2.6e 80 Cabriolet!!
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

I would put the sd in the computer and back the original file up in that case then either use a different sd or write over it, you always have the original to write back on to the sd then if anything goes wrong.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
cactusgreen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by cactusgreen »

Don't think you can just copy the files....they wouldn't sell many if it was that easy lol