COOLANT EVERYWHERE

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
katieemmalee
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

COOLANT EVERYWHERE

Post by katieemmalee »

Hi guys,

Last night came back to the van and there was a big puddle of coolant all underneath the front of the van - not going to lie didn’t think anything of it, thought someone had dropped their pink drink or something.. got home and the beeper went off for the coolant - as soon as I got out to check it out there was already a puddle - the stuff is gushing out …

Any ideas? Guessing it’s a burst pipe or maybe the radiator
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: COOLANT EVERYWHERE

Post by Doc »

Lots of things it might be but without seeing it first hand it's very hard to say.
If it's come on suddenly, I'd say possibly a radiator problem or water pump seal.
Have you had any work done on the engine recently?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
AndyBa
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: COOLANT EVERYWHERE

Post by AndyBa »

This happened to my son's van. He took it for a drive after I' d replaced 2 x injectors and came back to tell me the bad news. Hopefully you haven't overheated the engine.

Fill it up with water and start it up. Hopefully the leak will be obvious.
Don't leave the engine running too long tho

Not sure what caused the leak for us but one of the injector return pipe clips pinged off and was lost so it could have been that. The water was pouring out of the radiator. The replacement pattern radiator didn't cost too much.

Good luck.