Petrol Caddy

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
pete_21
Caddy2k Groupie

Petrol Caddy

Post by pete_21 »

After much consideration I'm leaning towards getting a petrol Caddy, does anyone have any experience of the 3 different engines available? Are there any which have known reliability issues & are the 1.0 & 1.2 versions under powered? Cheers.
Caddy Dan123
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Petrol Caddy

Post by Caddy Dan123 »

Hi there ive recently leaned towards the petrol version. Mines a viper green 1.4tsi and honestly mate cracking van no issues as of yet runs spot on! mine is a 7speed dsg pulls so much better than my old 1.6tdi which i had mapped this is standard 125bhp and honestly is spot on so far buddy not really heard much bad points about them tbh.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

pete_21
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by pete_21 »

Thanks for this mate, really appreciated, it's the 1.4 I would ideally like. Good to hear your pleased with yours, they look amazing in that Viper Green!! 8)
Caddy Dan123
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Caddy Dan123 »

Your welcome mate the 1.0 and the 1.2 apparently are good as city cars but the power on them wouldn't pull your granny out of bed so when i seen the 1.4 i thought id go test drive it and was very impressed going to get it mapped soon but still as standard 125bhp goes no bad like. Couldn't believe it had 7bspeed dsg though that was surprising.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Scottish Scrutineer
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Scottish Scrutineer »

what fuel consumption are you getting from the remapped petrols?

Thanks
Renny

Motorsport Scrutineer
T5.1 CAravelle