I’ve read too many ‘Injector’ horror stories.

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: I’ve read too many ‘Injector’ horror stories.

Post by Doc »

That to me looks like the rocker cover seals have failed.
The injector spill pipes have a tendency to fail but your injectors are dry in and around that area so I'd say its safe to assume those are ok.
Get yourself a can of carburettor cleaner and some kitchen paper, get the area clean and then assess the area again after a few days of driving. It should be obvious where the oil is coming from.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Jono1
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Jono1 »

Thanks @doc.

Do the tops of injectors where the part numbers are pop off at all to get in to clean easier? I’ve tried with some kitchen paper but it’s a bit hard to get my fat fingers in 😂
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

You can disconnect the wiring but I would just make a cigar shape with the kitchen paper rather than risk disturbing anything that doesn't need to be disturbed.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort